woah $839 for a booster

mumof2

well that is NZ dollars or $693 US

mind you it is a recaro but only goes up to 36kgs (80lbs).

but talk about jaw dropping

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Those used to be 379 in the US, 10 years ago, but gosh 839? Wow. (I've had three, lol, but only at super good prices of 330, 199, and 190 from a friend used...still have one in the video game room for the kids to sit on, it's THAT comfy, like an expensive office chair).

agave

My poor deprived kids can just sit in a frontier with an iPod when they are ready for boosters.

msg221

Are all seats on average priced like this in NZ, or is this place just crazy expensive? They have an Evenflo Embrace on there that is the equivalent of $376.15 US dollars!! :eek:

Also, they have this Evenflo infant seat that says it goes to 35 lbs. RF and they sell Diono RN's. I thought they didn't have any high weight, RF seats in Australia and NZ? I remember reading previous posts from those who lived there and how some were using US seats or wishing they had access to US seats. It's great that these are out there, but yes, they are expensive!

dneul

I actually traded that seat in at the last trade in event at bru in St Louis. The booster was pretty shallow in seat depth. It was very heavy, but it did fold in half, and it did have a top tether. There were speakers in the head wings too.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

Embri meet me while I was up there and the BRU sales lady actually brought it back out so we could look at it. It was built pretty solid but it would have been out grown pretty soon on my kids because of the seat depth.

mumof2

Are all seats on average priced like this in NZ, or is this place just crazy expensive? They have an Evenflo Embrace on there that is the equivalent of $376.15 US dollars!! :eek:

Also, they have this Evenflo infant seat that says it goes to 35 lbs. RF and they sell Diono RN's. I thought they didn't have any high weight, RF seats in Australia and NZ? I remember reading previous posts from those who lived there and how some were using US seats or wishing they had access to US seats. It's great that these are out there, but yes, they are expensive!

no that is a just ridiculously priced carseat/booster.. and no matter how good that Recaro booster is it wouldnt be an option in this house because of the price.

it is Australia that doesnt have hight weight RF carseats. their new ones are Height based but even going by those I would have had to turn my 2 year old around. their weight based ones only RF to 26lbs.

it is probably in the last 5 to 7 years? that NZ has had a better range of RF carseats.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I actually traded that seat in at the last trade in event at bru in St Louis. The booster was pretty shallow in seat depth. It was very heavy, but it did fold in half, and it did have a top tether. There were speakers in the head wings too.

It was built pretty solid but it would have been out grown pretty soon on my kids because of the seat depth.

Sounds like maybe you didn't pull the seat pan forward? It adjusts from about 10 to about 14 inches (six settings on the bottom), it's only about an inch shorter than my Frontier (yeah, I just measured it, I'm lame that way :eek:). Of course, it's a beast to adjust :thumbsdown:

dneul

Sounds like maybe you didn't pull the seat pan forward? It adjusts from about 10 to about 14 inches (six settings on the bottom), it's only about an inch shorter than my Frontier (yeah, I just measured it, I'm lame that way :eek:). Of course, it's a beast to adjust :thumbsdown:

Maybe. It was a beast to adjust. I needed someone to hold and pull when I had to pull a ring thingy to be ale to adjust. I did like how it was a sling style seat. I wonder how the sling and the springs would ride down forces in a crash. :question: but considering how big my 5 year old is, she would have probably outgrown it. She is on the last height setting on her frontier 85 in harness mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC