What car seats is your Target putting on Clearance?

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
I went to target hoping to score a cheap turbobooster or something b/c everyone was saying their targets were marking down seats and the only seats that were clearanced were the SafeSeat :thumbsdown:

I really loved the safeseat. They've replaced them on the shelf now and the only available infant seats are a rear adjusting SnugRides, Evenflo 3 and 5 point seats (forgot the name), and the BabyTrend FlexLoc. mmaaannnn.... I was hoping more parents would be more receptive to the SafeSeat here, but I guess not :(

ADS

Tiffanie

Well that stinks :(

I have 3 Targets all within 15 miles of me but I checked out two of them. My closest one has the Scenara and Safeseat

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
About two weeks ago, the local Target had most seats 30% off except for the Britax Marathon. They didn't have many seats left at all then, and I haven't had a chance to pop back in to see if Target reduced them further, or if they were all sold out.

C

ccn27

My Target only had graco boosters (not high-back) on clearance. They had one safeseat - floor model, and it is not for sale. But when scanned, it did not show up as reduced. Not that I could have bought it anyway, as it is not for sale.;)

MagnificentMama

Senior Community Member
Yeah, they had some SUPER CUTE turboboosters there. I really really really wanted to buy DD a "VIP: Very Important Princess" Turbobooster they had there. I know it's new b/c i'd never seen it before. I wish it had more SIP or I would have snatched it up.\

It's just sad b/c they already restocked the shelves at our Target and there is no room for a SafeSeat :( They replaced it with the FlexLoc

ZephyrBlue

Today I saw the TurboBooster in Gabrielle (the pink one w/butterflies- my 7yo wants it SO bad) for $35, CarGo Platinum in Zephr for $70, ComfortSport in a flowered pattern for $70 and that was it.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My Target had the AOE, Scenera, and ComfortSport on clearance. They didn't have any Sceneras left and I DEFINITELY did not want a ComfortSport or AOE, so I walked by all of them. :(

mimieliza

AOE, Safeseat 1, Companion and Comfortsport (plus some others, I wasn't paying attention). Marathon in Brook pattern was not on clearance - I even dragged the thing over to the scanner to check the price.

I almost bought a Comfortsport - it was something like $60, and I thought it would make a nice backup/second seat for my petite DD. I ended up not getting it, but am still wondering if I should.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I almost bought a Comfortsport - it was something like $60, and I thought it would make a nice backup/second seat for my petite DD. I ended up not getting it, but am still wondering if I should.

NO don't. Just get a scenera instead.
Really.
Even at very petite, the comfortsport has REALLY low slots and a 30 lb RF limit...
the scenera, with a 35 lb RF limit and 1+ inch higher slots for $40 is really a much better deal.

henrietta

"I almost bought a Comfortsport - it was something like $60, and I thought it would make a nice backup/second seat for my petite DD. I ended up not getting it, but am still wondering if I should."

Nope, you shouldn't. Wonder no more. ;)

It's a serious PITA to install in many vehicles (talking about rearfacing). The harness adjuster isn't accessible, so it's about impossible to loosen or tighten the harness. For our petite kids, it still works pretty well otherwise...I mean, really, $60 would be a deal for a seat w/EPS foam, and my 23 lb 23 mos old isn't going to hit that 30 lb rf'ing weight limit or the top of the shell in the next year....but the chances are that it won't install rf'ing well in many vehicles, so that negates the benefit of it. Just get a Scenera.

And if your dc ff'es now, it's definitely a waste of money as the top slots are the lowest of the low in convertible carseats--total waste.

hths

henrietta

crunchierthanthou

I was just there tonight. The whole aisle had been redone. They only clearance left were two Graco Cargos for $70. They no longer had the ss1, but did have a companion.

trailrunnermom

The one I visited (VA) was out of Sceneras (but still had one on display), and had the Graco Comfortsport (although I now think of it as the "CrappySport" thanks to a post I read here a while back!) Some Evenflo Big Kid boosters, too. Oh, and the SS1 for $90.

They're starting to get in new seats...they had one of the new Graco Airboosters...I like the color EXCEPT that it was very light...would probably get dirty quickly. On their website they have the Scenera in a new dark blue pattern, so that might be in stores soon, too.

thepote

About two weeks ago, the local Target had most seats 30% off except for the Britax Marathon. They didn't have many seats left at all then, and I haven't had a chance to pop back in to see if Target reduced them further, or if they were all sold out.

Same here (New Hampshire) :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC