How long before they realize their mistake?

BabyKaykes

Yesterday I ordered a brown Cybex booster from Amazon. I got a shipping notice right away, and I can see the charge pending at my bank. It's scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I just checked my email...I got ANOTHER shipping notice from Amazon early this morning, showing that a blue Cybex booster is on its way. It has a totally different order # than the first. The order isn't showing on my Amazon account, and the charge isn't listed at my bank. Shipping notice lists delivery date as Monday.

So I just wait and see what shows up? Call Amazon? Refuse the 2nd seat? I don't need or want 2 more boosters. And I really WANT the blue one, but the brown was cheaper, which is why I bought it. What to do?

ADS

aeormsby

A friend had a similar thing happen with a convertible she ordered from Diapers.com. Got 2 of them. She called and they had no record of sending her the 2nd one but sent her a label to ship it back to them.

I'd probably wait to until you have at least one in hand before calling about canceling. Just in case there's something wrong with the 1st shipping info or seat.

MaeganEmily

This happened to me with DD's kitchen from Pottery Barn. Wait until one gets there, or you might end up with none at all.

BabyKaykes

And now I have two Cybex boosters. Only one of which appears to be paid for. And the packing slip on the one that I actually bought says "on backorder". HUH?

....calling Amazon.

steph_s

I've had this happen many many times! diapers.com is notorious for sending out 2 seats and then showing no record of the second one. (Had this happen twice both with pricey seats too, but they were at least nice and sent me return labels). I ordered a pack n play from a store on amazon and they sent me 3 of them! What's worse is that I called and they basically called me a liar stating it could never happen. I actually emailed them a picture of all 3 of them side by side. I ended up donating them to a local women's shelter since they didn't seem to care. Kohls.com was horrible! They sent me the wrong item, then when they sent the right one I got 14!! Who on earth needs 14 sets of pot and pans?? They asked me to take them back to the store. Yeah sure I'm totally going to take 4 trips 25 miles away to get them back to the store. I own a smallish car and there is no way I could put more than 3-4 sets in my car at a time. I couldn't get it through to the first few cs reps I spoke to. Finally I found a supervisor with a brain who sent me shipping labels. Then I only received 4 labels. Called back again and got the run around. After 10 days of me calling daily I gave up. I took them all to the salvation army and gave them away!

Stelvis

They sent me two Maestros once for no reason when i ordered one. I kept the second one and gave it to my neighbor. I didn't ask for it, and they didn't ask for it back. You're under no obligation to refuse something you didn't order if Amazon's computer system screws up. You can keep it if you want to and they have no right to charge you for it even if they figure out the mistake. Which they won't.

At DH's company, if they send out more product than the customer orders because the warehouse screws up, well that sucks for them and hooray for the customer.

bnsnyde

Amazon's policy is to let you keep what comes to you.
I called once and they said either throw it away, donate it, or they could come get it if I wanted it out of there.

creideamh

I'm jealous, I've never had anything like this happen to me and I order EVERYTHING online!!! Sell one to me! :p

xursusmaritimusx

crazy..... back at christmas time we had 2 pairs of socks sent to us .. we only ordered 1 for for DD. they told us to keep them but they were a pair of socks that would have probably cost more to send back than they were worth LOL

and in case anyone was curious... they were hello kitty socks :p

jeminijad

Seriously, the 14 sets of pots and pans thing had me thinking of just how much money I would have made on eBay :p

longstocking

My friend had triplets and ordered some really expensive high chairs. They sent her baby rocker seats instead. They sent her shipping labels to return but she wasn't able to get them to a UPS store on her own. She ended up passing out the seats to her friends because she only wanted the high chairs. For being a $100 baby bouncer it was a lousy one. I gave it away after baby outgrew it.
You are under no obligation to go out of your way to return the 2nd one. (hope it's a blue one)

BabyKaykes

The C/S rep basically laughed and called me nuts for calling it in, assured me they weren't going to charge my card again, and said "you've been shopping with us pretty much monthly since early '05 enjoy your free gift with purchase!" Lol!

I'm giving the spare to the family across from us with 3 boys. They are 12, 9, and 5yo. The youngest is bigger than DS and rides in an OHS Scenera. I cringe every time I have to park next to their brand spankin' new Ody.

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC