Question Does your child ride in a Frontier 85 in booster mode?

Sarah Tilton

CPST Instructor
Hello all!

I am hoping that you can help me a little research.

If you have a child that rides in a BRITAX Frontier 85 (not the original Frontier) and is in booster mode, would you please post information about your child?

If your child rides in the Frontier 85 in booster mode:

How old is your child?

What is the standing height of your child?

What is the seated shoulder height of your child?

With the harness height adjuster in the top position - Head restraint adjuster locking screw has been removed - which position is the Head Restraint Adjuster in? position 1 (top harness position when you remove screw) - position 2 - position 3 - position 4 (head restraint Adjuster is in maximum height position for booster mode)

A picture of your child secured in booster mode would be great help, but required.

I appreciate your help with this!

If you have any questions or concerns - please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sarah Tilton
CPS Advocate
BRITAX Child Safety, Inc.
Sarah.Tilton@BRITAX.com

ADS

jenfrogmom

Pic taken at 4 years 6 months, stats are from when he was 4 years 6 months
43"
23"
Position 2
Picture is him at 4.5, the headrest went down a notch before we drove. :) The straps were taken out before we drove, too!
IMG_2843.jpg

firemomof3

Here is dd1 last summer in a Frontier85 in booster mode. We only had it for about 2 weeks before I sold it :eek:
She had just turned 8y/o
maggieinfrontier.jpg

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
6.75 years old, 4'2" tall, 55 pounds. Seated shoulder height is around 17" or so.

In harness mode, he close to the level of the harness slots in the 3rd from top position. At the top position, he would use the lowest setting in booster mode.

Attachments

• f85.jpg
    f85.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 48

jennzee

7 years 7 months

46" tall, seated shoulder height 16"

I'm not sure I totally followed the positions you stated....based on my assumption, he's in position 2 (or, by my figuring, the 3rd setting down from the very top head restraint position). If that makes no sense, I can take a picture of the back of the seat so you can see it :)

View attachment 15373

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC