What what Harmony combination (convertible?) seat?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.242209665863657.60937.124532650964693&type=1

It says convertible in the album, but it looks like it's a combo seat. INTERESTING. Nothing about price point or weight/height allowances yet.

402414_242210309196926_1702095619_n.jpg

431732_242210385863585_124532650964693_577682_667114955_n.jpg

I'm curious to see how those upper belt guides work?

429088_242210409196916_124532650964693_577683_910679702_n.jpg

ADS

crunchierthanthou

What do you think that knob is under the harness adjuster?

I think it's going to run into the same issue as the Maestro without a moving headrest. The shoulder guide is about the same height as the top harness slot.

Do you think that guide will keep the shoulder belt from retracting if the child moves forward? At least it probably won't fall out. :p

misstj9

I just saw this on FB! So curious, as it looks nice and narrow for 3 across. But yeah, curious about those belt guides. I want more info!!!

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
What do you think that knob is under the harness adjuster?

I think it's going to run into the same issue as the Maestro without a moving headrest. The shoulder guide is about the same height as the top harness slot.

Do you think that guide will keep the shoulder belt from retracting if the child moves forward? At least it probably won't fall out. :p

Maybe it's the push button for loosening? I'm loving how narrow it looks, even if the HBB sucks, if it's under $100 and at least 18" top slots, it could be a really great option!

How about the crazy long harness pads though, it looks like on those bottom slots the chest clip is going to be well below nipple level.

misstj9

It says convertible in the album, but it looks like it's a combo seat. INTERESTING. Nothing about price point or weight/height allowances yet.

gotta love that the manufacturer can't get it right if it's a convertible or a combination seat!!! :( no wonder parents are confused!!!

crunchierthanthou

Maybe it's the push button for loosening? I'm loving how narrow it looks, even if the HBB sucks, if it's under $100 and at least 18" top slots, it could be a really great option!

How about the crazy long harness pads though, it looks like on those bottom slots the chest clip is going to be well below nipple level.

no, it seems to have a typical lever for that.

417559_242210429196914_124532650964693_577684_1828674101_n.jpg

A recline foot for harnessed mode? How you separate the back? :p

jess71903

Ambassador
I think it looks interesting. I tend to judge these seats on their ability to harness and just take the booster part as a bonus if they happen to get it right, too. The base looks like their other backless boosters, so I have high hopes for it, but the highback? Not so much.

morninglori

I'm wondering if that knob has anything to do with locking the back to bottom of the seat.

Nope, per the instructions that crunchy posted, there are screws, washers and hex nuts that need to be removed and re-installed. You are going to need two screwdrivers to put this thing together.

The assembly is straightforward from what it looks like needs to be done, but the instructions seem to be a little confusing. I think this might be a big place where mistakes will be made or parts not assembled correctly.

christineka

The manual calls it a convertible:thumbsdown: People are already confused and buy nautiluses thinking they rear-face. (and even manage to rear-face them) "Convertible" should be an illegal word to slap on a forward facing only car seat.

Irishmama

Holy cow! That might just be the seat I need for a tight three across! *fingers crossed for high top slots, narrow, and cheap* :)

christineka

Harnesses 22-50 pounds, 29-45 inches. high back is 40-80 pounds, up to 51 inches, backless is 40-110 pounds, up to 57 inches.

It's not FAA approved.

Last edited:

Pixels

There's a picture of the back of the seat on FB. It has a tall belt path, and what looks like a separate hook thingy for the shoulder belt. So the shoulder belt should provide *some* tether-like performance.

The adjuster for the tether, though, gave me pause. It's a tilt-lock and it's about an inch from the shell. It's going to be very difficult to get a hand in there and loosen it in many vehicles unless the shell is super duper tall (which I doubt based on the FF height and weight limits). Oh, and look! It's a V-shaped tether just like Britax's Versa Tether. I thought that was patented. Maybe the patent ran out? The long tether tail has a velcro thing on it so you can ball up the excess and keep it secured away. That's wonderful! Many seats come with a rubber band or just tell you to put one on, but the bands rot so quickly in a car.

The non-adjustable shoulder belt guide is never a good thing. And it's impossible to know without trying it in a car, but it certainly looks to me like it will snag the belt and not let it retract properly. And I agree with PP that the harness covers are way too long.

morninglori

I just did some quick scaling measurements on adobe acrobat of the FB pic based on the widest outside dimension from the literider. the scale seems correct when I checked the harness adjuster - usually about 1 inch, and the harness straps 1.3 inches.

The bottom slopes downward, so perhaps adding 2" or so gives me a 15" top harness height...

NEWHARMONYCOMBOmeasurement.jpg

View attachment NEW HARMONY COMBO.pdf

Hopefully Harmony will come out with the actual heights soon.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
I just did some quick scaling measurements on adobe acrobat of the FB pic based on the widest outside dimension from the literider. the scale seems correct when I checked the harness adjuster - usually about 1 inch, and the harness straps 1.3 inches.

The bottom slopes downward, so perhaps adding 2" or so gives me a 15" top harness height...

NEWHARMONYCOMBOmeasurement.jpg

View attachment 15299

Hopefully Harmony will come out with the actual heights soon.

WELL there goes that lol. :thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC