Any reason NOT to buy an Argos?

ADS

noahsmom24

Is Argos the one I have been reading about that keeps getting the same complaint of straps being to tight and uncomfortable for kids around the neck area? I think I've read people have been using socks for covers? and this seemed to help, Thats the only negative thing I've read so far, but havent researched the seat exclusively.

paintedbison

Is Argos the one I have been reading about that keeps getting the same complaint of straps being to tight and uncomfortable for kids around the neck area? I think I've read people have been using socks for covers? and this seemed to help, Thats the only negative thing I've read so far, but havent researched the seat exclusively.

We just returned the maestro for this reason. Ridiculously tight on DS's neck.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
The way the harness is threaded. I just don't like it, it seems like a Nautilus with the straps on the highest slot and then the headrest just moving. :thumbsdown:

crunchierthanthou

The way the harness is threaded. I just don't like it, it seems like a Nautilus with the straps on the highest slot and then the headrest just moving. :thumbsdown:

but the Nautilus straps go up to the top of the shell, and then back down to the height you need. The Argos just did away with the rollers, plastic boxes to route through, and the weird headrest placement when you move up a slot. I did think the Argos was weird at first, but now I actually think it's an improvement over the GN's routing. :twocents:

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
but the Nautilus straps go up to the top of the shell, and then back down to the height you need. The Argos just did away with the rollers, plastic boxes to route through, and the weird headrest placement when you move up a slot. I did think the Argos was weird at first, but now I actually think it's an improvement over the GN's routing. :twocents:

That makes sense. I'll have to really play around with one.

HaileysMommy

crunchierthanthou said:

Oooooh. So glad they changed that. That was definitely one of the things I didnt like about the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC