Question only 3lbs to go and I have to turn her

mumof2

my question is rougly how long would you expect a 4 year old to gain 3lbs.

she is pretty active if that is any help ahahaaha

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I think lighter kids tend to take a little longer... is that a 45lb seat she's RF in? Maybe 6 months? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a year, though (my own active kid went from 29 to 33 lbs between age 3 and age 4.5)

mumof2

I think lighter kids tend to take a little longer... is that a 45lb seat she's RF in? Maybe 6 months? Wouldn't be surprised if it's a year, though (my own active kid went from 29 to 33 lbs between age 3 and age 4.5)

yes she is ..at her age Im not worried how long it does take her to gain those 3 pounds......I have managed to RF her to 4 years (and counting ) so I am pretty happy with that. anything past that is a bonus :)

firemomof3

Well, I can give you my experience. My dd2 finally went up to 40lbs. about 3mo. ago but is now back down to 37lbs. :(
My ds is a tall, well built kid who all of a sudden has become a picky eater, is playing outside (we've had nice weather) and is down to 45lbs.

jjordan

A 4 year old? It might take a whole year to gain 3 pounds! Or, she could have a sudden growth spurt and gain an extra 3 pounds in a month. Kids are hard to predict!

aeormsby

I'm always worried about a growth spurt going unnoticed. My kids tend to do that, stay the same for months and then suddenly gaine 2-3 lbs without me noticing. So I turn as soon as they're within a few lbs of the limit (I don't want to weight them daily, just seems unhealthy focusing on their weight like that.) And at over 4 I'd just pat myself on the back and turn her FF. :twocents:

(kind of the same as installing DD's seat with the seatbelt instead of latch at this point, she weighs about 45lb but that's without shoes/boots and I'm not going to check her constantly to make sure she's still under the 48lb Latch limit).

momtotwogirls

Yeah could take awhile. my oldest was 34lbs at 4 and will be 5 soon and 36-37lbs. I dont think she will even hit 40lbs until she is at least 6.

I worry too about the unnoticed growth spurt, but DS1 loves getting weighed on the scale, so I figure it can't be too bad to indulge him :p. He's seriously been holding steady at 36 lbs for months, so I'm sure it's got to be coming soon, right? He's been feeling heavier when I hold him lately, but the scale hasn't budged--maybe it's just me being more tired with little bean growing.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC