S1 alpha elite 65

laurengt

Does anyone have experience with this seat? I've been searching for a new seat for my mom's '08 Cherokee. Short of buying another Radian, this seems like a good option for my tall, skinny boy. (26 mos, 30 lbs, 36 1/2"). He would have about 4" of shell height to grow into and most other seats I tried he has either outgrown already or only has an inch or so.

The seat would also probably be going in an '07 Focus and a '98 Cherokee (although I try to avoid installing in this one if I can because The seat is so squishy/ springy I'm unhappy with every install).

Also, how does the alpha elite 65 differ from the alpha omega elite?

Last edited:
ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
It's the same seat, other than weight limits. It rear faces to 40 pounds, forward faces to 65, and makes a deadly booster. It's generally a pain to install. The top headrest position can be used in harness mode.

I'd look at a Complete Air before any AOE.

Wendy

laurengt

wendytthomas said:
It's the same seat, other than weight limits. It rear faces to 40 pounds, forward faces to 65, and makes a deadly booster. It's generally a pain to install. The top headrest position can be used in harness mode.

I'd look at a Complete Air before any AOE.

Wendy

Thanks for the input. What do you mean by "deadly booster"?

The CA doesn't give my son as much room height wise for RF. Maybe I'll just buy another Radian.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
They don't position the seatbelt well. It's over the soft abdomen, the shoulder belt doesn't fit properly, the seatbelt doesn't actually touch the child, and in all ways it's about as bad a booster as you can buy (I can't think of worse, actually).

The Complete Air is one of the tallest convertibles out there. I'm surprised it doesn't work as well for you. It can be used until the head is even with the top of the shell with the headrest all the way up. Dorel also says "or 40 inches", but they've never been able to give us a real reason why they care about 40" overall height when torso height is all that matters.

Wendy

lourdes

My almost 4 y/o DD is 39 inches tall and still has about 4-5 inches left of growing room in the complete air

laurengt

wendytthomas said:
They don't position the seatbelt well. It's over the soft abdomen, the shoulder belt doesn't fit properly, the seatbelt doesn't actually touch the child, and in all ways it's about as bad a booster as you can buy (I can't think of worse, actually).

The Complete Air is one of the tallest convertibles out there. I'm surprised it doesn't work as well for you. It can be used until the head is even with the top of the shell with the headrest all the way up. Dorel also says "or 40 inches", but they've never been able to give us a real reason why they care about 40" overall height when torso height is all that matters.

Wendy

Maybe I didn't have the headrest all the way up. I'll be making another trip to Target to look at it again. Thanks!

Kaitsmom

The CA should last a long time, my giant 3 yr old, 16" torso, 44" tall, but 45 lbs would still fit height wise rfing in it, shes just too heavy.

The Alpha Omega is a PITA to install rfing.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The True Fit would only get you another 5 lbs before hitting the RF weight limit, but is as tall as the Complete Air or the Radian. If that 30 lbs is fully clothed and with shoes, I would consider it if I were you. If it's naked weight, it's probably not worth it; go with a 40 or 45 lb seat.

laurengt

Brigala said:
The True Fit would only get you another 5 lbs before hitting the RF weight limit, but is as tall as the Complete Air or the Radian. If that 30 lbs is fully clothed and with shoes, I would consider it if I were you. If it's naked weight, it's probably not worth it; go with a 40 or 45 lb seat.

That's 30 lbs with clothes and shoes. :0)

I can't find the TF locally so far (Podunk town, ugh) but should find it no problem when I head to Chicago next week. I'll be testing out the CA again too. I'm hoping to get a good deal and avoid the Radian price tag (though, I do love my Radians).

Thank you!

Jessica61624

laurengt said:
That's 30 lbs with clothes and shoes. :0)

I can't find the TF locally so far (Podunk town, ugh) but should find it no problem when I head to Chicago next week. I'll be testing out the CA again too. I'm hoping to get a good deal and avoid the Radian price tag (though, I do love my Radians).

Thank you!

Target is carrying the tf now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC