How do I wash my Radian cover?

Holly

My Champaign Radian cover is dirty and needs some serious washing (recently went on vacation and let dd eat in her seat for convienence). How can I wash the cover? Can I just throw it in the washer or will it ruin it? Is it easy to take off the seat? Where is it attached at, is it attached in a difficult way?
If for some reason it ends up ruined, how much do new covers cost?

ADS

trailrunnermom

I washed our Radian cover this spring after DS spilled a strawberry smoothie in his seat (don't ask why we let him have one while in the car!) :)

The Radian manual has good instructions for removing/replacing the cover. I was worried, too, but it turned out to be easier than I thought. I washed the cover on the "hand wash" setting of the washer, and let it air dry. For the straps, I just wiped them off with plain water.

The cover turned out looking great ... no damage from washing. If it did fall apart after one washing, then I would call Sunshine Kids to ask for a free replacement. (They also sell them if you need a new one a few years down the road, but I can't remember the cost.)

Good luck!

supercrunch

I have also machine washed one of my Radian covers on the delicate cycle and it came out perfectly.

Make sure you let it air dry, as the heat can damage elastic.

trailrunnermom

Taking it off is a pure PITA though :rolleyes:

Fortunately, it's not as much a PITA as taking off an Evenflo Triumph cover to wash--you have to unscrew the back of the Triumph shell! (I just cleaned up my great-nieces' Triumphs--it made me appreciate the relative ease of cover removal on other carseats!) :)

Actually, I did. lol

Those little rivets on the sides were really hard to get off. I ended up using plyers to grab them after my fingers got too sore.

I popped them off by pulling up on the cover while holding them. Much less painfuly than trying to get my fingers in to pop them off just from the top. Not sure that makes sense. Kinda like, you start pullin it off, it gets stuck due to those little button rivet things (but you don't know that's what's got it stuck) so you push your fingers further under the stuck spot and magically they POP!

Stephanie

ThreeBeans

I popped them off by pulling up on the cover while holding them. Much less painfuly than trying to get my fingers in to pop them off just from the top. Not sure that makes sense. Kinda like, you start pullin it off, it gets stuck due to those little button rivet things (but you don't know that's what's got it stuck) so you push your fingers further under the stuck spot and magically they POP!

Stephanie

That's what I did. The first time I removed it I nearly got bloody fingernails trying to pry the rivets off. The second time, I prayed the fabric was good quality, grabbed the cover and YANKED. Fortunately it came off intact, lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC