Help me pick out a stroller!

Ducky5306

I decided on a keyfit30 travel system for May baby but then I got 2 SR30's marked down at target for $32 each and sold one for $65 today so that makes mine "free" and a friend will sell me her snap and go for $15 so that would take care of the infant stage and I could spend the just under $300 I was planning on using for the travel system for a cool stroller instead!

*Needs to have a parent cup holder and would love to be able to add on a child tray.
Reversible seat is a plus

Nothing too large

$300 ish price limit

Any recommendations?

ADS

Ducky5306

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Maxi-Cosi-Foray-Stroller-Choco-Mint/dp/B003PEOIY2"]Amazon.com: Maxi-Cosi Foray Stroller - Choco Mint: Baby[/ame]

Any have this one? For the price I can get it and the keep jogging stroller I want.. I'm a hoarder lol

tylersmom

Haha. You sound like me! I got a SR35 and a snap and go (both new) for under $80 so I did not get a system either. Didn't make money sense to get one. My baby just turned 1 yr and I'm just now getting a stroller. I should be getting a BJCE on Friday. Looks like I have to add the tray and parent cup holder but both made by baby jogger so should be good fit and work. People on here also recommended the peg perego pliko either P3 or switch. Both should fit your criteria! Happy searching!

Rosey

Yup, being a stroller hoarder myself, I'd say BJCM or P3 or Switch. Im about to get a switch but Im deciding between the Switch Compact or the newest Switch Four.

I adore my BJCM, but I also love having the integrated stand bar for an older sibling.

Ducky5306

Spam said:
if you're looking at the foray, albeebaby has it for $159. I was eyeing it last week.

I saw that and kinda want it but everyone raves about the BJCM so.much and I love that a child tray can be added.. sigh this is hard lol

YinzerMama

I saw that and kinda want it but everyone raves about the BJCM so.much and I love that a child tray can be added.. sigh this is hard lol

FWIW my first stroller was a Graco quattro (which I still have and use, it is 8 years old!) and I was very hung up on needing a tray on a stroller - but once I started using joggers and didn't have a tray I came to really prefer no tray. I *briefly* had a new Bob and returned it, preferring the design of the old - the new Bob allows you to easily add/remove a tray that is better than the old hard to attach and weirdly angled tray - but a tray wasn't a selling point for me any more. I wouldn't make too much of the tray.

ETA anyone have experience with the Foray?? How big is the seat? I am eyeballing the Kolcraft options but some complain the seat is outgrown. Darn. I want a Foray now. I am also a stroller hoarder.

I keep telling my husband it is cheaper to try out new gear I don't really need than it is to have another kid and really be able to justify new gear... The first time I pulled that line he turned pale but now he just rolls his eyes.

eta WHY did I open this thread??? Now I want a Foray. SO do I order from Albee and save some dough or pay more from Amazon but can return for free... hmmm...

Ducky5306

YinzerMama said:
FWIW my first stroller was a Graco quattro (which I still have and use, it is 8 years old!) and I was very hung up on needing a tray on a stroller - but once I started using joggers and didn't have a tray I came to really prefer no tray. I *briefly* had a new Bob and returned it, preferring the design of the old - the new Bob allows you to easily add/remove a tray that is better than the old hard to attach and weirdly angled tray - but a tray wasn't a selling point for me any more. I wouldn't make too much of the tray.

I think I'm basing it on my first child who would only sit in a stroller while eating/snacking but man I hated how gross the stroller got! Maybe you are right :)

Ducky5306

YinzerMama said:
ETA anyone have experience with the Foray?? How big is the seat? I am eyeballing the Kolcraft options but some complain the seat is outgrown. Darn. I want a Foray now. I am also a stroller hoarder.

I keep telling my husband it is cheaper to try out new gear I don't really need than it is to have another kid and really be able to justify new gear... The first time I pulled that line he turned pale but now he just rolls his eyes.

I watched the review on baby gizmo and she had her 3 yr old in the Foray with room go grow. I love how it looks but wonder If I'll get annoyed with the 4 steps to fold it every time. Love the easy fold of the BJCM

YinzerMama

I watched the review on baby gizmo and she had her 3 yr old in the Foray with room go grow. I love how it looks but wonder If I'll get annoyed with the 4 steps to fold it every time. Love the easy fold of the BJCM

There is a lot to be said for easy fold, but I love the baby being able to face me... I have had double where you needed to remove a seat to fold and it was a pain in the butt but it wasn't so much the step as how much more room the stupid thing then took up in the car. I had an inglesina twin domino that was like a freaking tank... I am thinking of buying another baby bucket to be able to keep the baby facing me in the stroller but long term + resale a stroller makes more sense.

ETA - we learned to use snack traps and sippy cups tied on in various ways - I use my strollers for exercise so often I will be trucking along, hit a bump, and food or cup flies out anyway - so they can still eat and be kept quiet but less hassel for everyone.

eta again - it has been ordered... nothing like a new toy to spice up my mallwalking... realized the amazon one wasn't through amazon so that made the albeebaby choice easier.

My baby boy has chocolatey brown eyes and will look fabulous in that stroller.

noahsmom24

BJCM! Me and ds were in Urgent care Tuesday and I know this lady with her infant sitting in an Orange BJCM thought I was nuts because I just kept eye balling it lol!
Good Luck with your choice!

YinzerMama

BJCM! Me and ds were in Urgent care Tuesday and I know this lady with her infant sitting in an Orange BJCM thought I was nuts because I just kept eye balling it lol!
Good Luck with your choice!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume anyone who owns the BJCM understands stroller mania and is used to others asking about it. :D (or staring at it)

Ducky5306

YinzerMama said:
eta again - it has been ordered... nothing like a new toy to spice up my mallwalking... realized the amazon one wasn't through amazon so that made the albeebaby choice easier.

My baby boy has chocolatey brown eyes and will look fabulous in that stroller.

Please let me know how you like it! I'm headed to the local BRU to check out strollers today :)

I'll have the SR30 and snap n go for the baby to face me (and uhh yeah I baby wear anyway lol so strollers are just for fun or carrying my bags :eek:

noahsmom24

I'm gonna go out on a limb and presume anyone who owns the BJCM understands stroller mania and is used to others asking about it. :D (or staring at it)

lol, I hope so...I had just never seen one in person and was pretty impressed with it's looks and she was looking at me like I was a weirdo..
Oh well...:rolleyes:

YinzerMama

Darn. I just went to BRU hoping they would have the foray but they didn't. But they had the mamas and papas sola and OMG I want that stroller. But the color there seems to be a BRU exclusive and that was the color I liked best, and it seems price fixed so its 419 everywhere... WOW was it nice. I tried a First Years (Lamaze) Indigo too and WOW did it look nice and appear to have everything but it was like pushing a stroller in sand. I don't know what was up with the wheels. They weren't locked but holy moses was that thing hard to turn.

I really want that mamas & papas... but only in the BRU color... which means there would be tax on top of 419... ugh.

I hope the Foray is as nice.

My little dude really seemed happier being freer in a stroller, facing me, verses the bucket... he can lean forward and grab the bar and look around, he's not all stuffed back and restrianed like in the bucket. SO I have totally nixed my bigger bucket idea. WRT baby wearing I usually end up pushing him half the time and wearing him half the time... I prefer to NOT wear if I am out walking for exercise - it's hot, and his legs get in the way of my swinging my arms freely - I'm hoping if I can get him happier in the stroller I can walk more without wearing him.

Man. That Mamas & Papas was NICE...

eta - I ended up cancelling the Foray order... still coveting M&P...

Last edited:

Rosey

I thought the push was nice on the m and p but my 75th percentile 20 month old was hanging out of it the seat is so small! I can't imagine spending that much and barely getting two years of use. The first years one was ridiculously small for him too. I need to post the pics lol!

Ducky5306

Rosey said:
I thought the push was nice on the m and p but my 75th percentile 20 month old was hanging out of it the seat is so small! I can't imagine spending that much and barely getting two years of use. The first years one was ridiculously small for him too. I need to post the pics lol!

I've been watching the baby gizmo reviews and they said the first years wave was pretty small. The 5 yr old fit okay in the Foray though.

I went to check out the BJCM at bru and I just didn't love it. I liked the light weight and easy fold but didnt like the fabric, harness and the look of a mini jogging stroller.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to order the Foray and return or resell it If it doesn't work for us. The other option would be a britax B-Agile but it just seemed like a slightly "fancier" version of a BJCM to me today when I checked it out.

Rosey

I don't know much about the foray but the mamas and papas was disappointingly small. And I had the same experience as u with the awful push on the first years and the seat is even smaller.

YinzerMama

Just bought the mamas and papas. :love: DH may have a stroke but it's my biggest splurge and it's my 4th kid so generally I make more conservative choices. I put my nearly 4yos in it - one is 32 pounds, one is 42 - and it still pushed dreamy. The seat is deep and tall enough that they are comfy. I didn't find the seat to be small. The footrest situation was a little weird, though.

My girls both liked it. Tried the Indigo with the girls in it and holy cow it was god-awful. I don't expect to use the stroller with a kid this large but it's nice to know when it gives a high weight limit it can actually live up to the claim. And the M&P seriously pushed NICE even with my girls. (The First Years seat is not as deep, either - I felt like the height was about the same)

The seatbelt isn't quite what I'd like - I prefer a 5 pt that can be 3 pt as well, which I thought this was, but the top doesn't detach as I thought. But we can make due and just do the waist part like on my Bob. I think 5 pt harnesses are overkill in strollers - some kids may need them, but I prefer it to be optional. I think that's my biggest nitpick. SUPER easy to fold, though it can only be folded with the seat facing forward - but it is easy to flip the seat so no biggie.

The seat actually RECLINES, doesn't just tilt, which is nice.

FWIW I tend to take Baby Gizmo with a HUGE grain of salt... I'm kind of skeptical of her foray review... I feel like she is inclined to be more positive than negative, which is understandable if you want people to give you stuff to try, but not helpful if you are buying.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC