Talk to me about this booster (Harmony Dreamtime)

mamakc

I got the harmony dreamtime hbb from target today to see if it would fit in my center seat. No other booster fits there. I wasn't expecting much, but it fit! So please help me evaluate the belt fit. I'm not crazy about it, the lapbelt seems high. But I want a second opinion.
Harmony_dream_time_hbb.png

Now here's the funky thing about my car, is it just me or is the fit better backless?
Harmony_dream_time_backless.png

I'm not crazy about the idea of putting a 5 year old in a backless booster, but if the fit is better I will probably return it and just get a cruz or something else with a shorter seat depth. Or the rstv, but I am trying to avoid that cost if I can. This is only going to be used on the rare occasion I need to do three across.

ADS

Qarin

Re: Talk to me about this booster

I might click the headrest up a little, but the lap belt looks fine to me. Not sure what you're seeing that's not great?

mamakc

I'm only familiar with the tb and it it's higher than that one. I'm not sure how high is too high I guess. I couldn't decide which setting was best for the back. It's on the second in that pic, on the third it rubbed on her neck.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Is there a belt guide on the Harmony, and is the belt going through it? (I assume so on both counts, but I haven't seen it in person.)

Also, maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but it looks like the booster is skewed...like, the headrest and arm rest are up higher on her left (our right). It's not really doing anything weird, right?

Anyway, the lap fit looks great. The shoulder belt does look better without the back, but having it close to her neck isn't a safety issue, just a comfort one. As long as she doesn't complain (or move the belt out of position), I wouldn't worry.

mamakc

Yes that seat is so weird. It sinks down on the edge where the seat split is, every seat I put there tilts, but the bottom of the booster is flat on the seat. Is that ok?

The belt guides are in use. Should I move the head rest up then?

mamakc

Here it is with the head rest up a click. Also the lap belt is more visible in this pic. How does it look?

PicsArt1328749473890.png

steph_s

I don't like the way the shoulder belt looks like it's cutting her neck (in both pics).

firemomof3

The same thing happened to my dd2 in her Dreamtime so I moved it to a different seating position. But yes, the belt cutting into her neck is not good :(

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician

The lap looks okay, but I'm not a fan of the shoulder belt cutting into her neck.

mamakc

So what would you recommend regarding the shoulder belt? Higher, lower, backless? Return it?

mamakc

I don't think it will bug her. She has no issue what so ever with the maestro, which definitely bothers most kids.

Genevieve

CPST Instructor

I love my dreamtime because I have very narrow shouldered kids. I think the lap belt looks fine, and I would gauge the shoulder belt based on how she feels about it. I'm not initally concerned about it's placement unless it's going to bug her and cause her to fiddle with it,

mamakc

So I was reading through the manual and I'm wondering if this booster requires vehicle head support? It says do not use if the midpoint of the head is above the vehicle seat back, but it does not specify if it is with or without the back or both. It's not really clear. Anyone know for sure?

Qarin

Looking at the downloaded manual, I see two references: page 8 differentiates:

With Back Support:
Child is too tall when top of ears (mid-point of child’s head) are above the top of the booster seat.

Without Back Support: Child is too tall when top of ears (mid- point of child’s head) are above the top of the vehicle seat back or vehicle headrest.

But then page 14 says:
DO NOT USE if, when sitting on the booster seat, the mid-point of your child’s head is above the top of the vehicle seat back.

Now, I have a feeling that the second section is copied from the manual for their backless boosters, and what they mean is the first section, but I don't know that.

mamakc

I'm inclined to think it doesn't need vehicle support, because it would/should be more clear if it does, yeah?

Ps it fits like a dream in the contoured seats of dh's 2000 corolla, while the parkway and tb tilted sideways pretty badly. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC