Evenflo Tribute Sport for RF...

PunkyMonkey

We have an Evenflo Tribute for an extra back up and I have never used it RF in my car until the other day DD had bad a stomach bug and defiled the Blvd. :sick:

So I installed tribute and it was solid and then we went to the grocery store and when we got there DH was getting her out of the seat and said "why the he!! is this seat so loose?!" and I walked over thinking he was doing something wrong and no joke the whole thing tipped over when I touched it! I almost had a panic attack... I messed with it for 25 minutes while he and DD shopped and I just could NOT get a good RF install at all. I use that seat all the time FF for my niece but I've never used it RF in my car and I was so upset. I ended putting her FF for the 2 minute ride home and I have glared at that thing sitting in the garage every time I've walked past it since then!

Has anyone else had any issues with this seat RF? I love it as a spare for other kiddos I might drive FF.. maybe it's just my car (06 Acura TL) because it seemed to be fine and then if it moved at all the latch or belt would slip under the plastic part on the front and then it would be too loose. I rolled up a towel for under it to get the right recline and it was all over the place!

ADS

Brianna

When installing by myself, I use a rolled towel and sit in the seat while pulling the belt on the opposite side it's buckled. I did try installing it on a leather captain's chair once and no matter what it moved about 4 inches side to side.

cmcki737

I successfully installed a tribute on leather seats rearfaccing but it definitly takes ALLOT of time and patience and I had it checked afterward bc I was affriad it still wasn't right.

sent from my SPH-M580 using Car-Seat.Org

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
That is what our program seats were.... I would take a RF Scenera over a Tribute any day!

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

PunkyMonkey

I got a Tribute because I thought they were a step up from the Scenera and I needed a new spare... now I am wishing I had just gotten another Scenera! I messed with it for over a half an hour and in every position for my car and no matter what or how tight (even had DH pull it after I gave it my all) it still moved at least 3 inches and the more you wiggled it the looser it got! I don't need it for RF so it's OK but what a let down to be out somewhere and have this issue :( For some reason it was fine before I even left that day or maybe I didn't wiggle it just right to get it to come loose like it did. I'll have to take some pics and maybe there is something I am missing.

It really made me appreciate my Blvd and its 22 second rock solid latch install :D

christineka

I love the tribute and have never had a problem installing it in either direction. Are you sure nothing was getting caught on the sides or something? Did you try twisting the belt stalks? You did have everything through the correct belt path, right?

creideamh

I have trouble installing both Tributes and Sceneras on many leather seats, but I'd still take a Tribute over a Scenera any day. Stupid recline rules.

PunkyMonkey

Yes on the right belt paths, nothing in the way and the only thing I did not try was twisting belt stalks but mine are so short so I dont know if it would make a difference. I will try it though... my seats are the really soft perf leather and everything seems "slippery" on there unless it has a rubber base like the blvd does which fits like a glove. Also, the two outboard seats are dipped down a little from the middle seat and it makes the latch act weird since the latch insides are up on the middle hump a little.... if this makes sense. So that is when I decided to try the seat belt and I got it so tight that the seat was leaning over... but still not tight enough to not have it move side to side at least 2-3 inches. I'll have to take pics.. I've just been non-stop lately until its pitch dark out and I don't want to become mosquito dinner! :)

chrissymarie107

CPS Technician
My son's dad has the Tribute Sport in his car and I don't care for it. It was really hard for me to install and everytime I would put DS in the seat it would be loose again. I finally got a solid install but it hasn't been checked by a tech.

NannyMom

How are you installing? Can you stand behind the seat and use your body to push it in/down while tightening? CAn you post pictures?

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I love the Tribute. :love: I get a great install and no blisters; which is the complete opposite of a Scenera install.

It's odd that you couldn't get it tight with seatbelt or LATCH. What kind of car do you have? These are our donor seats and I've never come across a car that it didn't work in.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC