flying and car seats

flutie128

So we are thinking about flying to Florida to go to Disney. We will be staying in a house with some friends so we would need car seats for the kids. If we fly it will most likely be southwest because I can get the best deal on tickets for 4 with them. DS is 7.5 and riding in a booster so I was just planning on packing a backless for him in one of the suitcases. DD is 3.5 and FFing in a TF Roundabout50 and a Nautilus. What seat would you take for her? She rides in the TF in my car, the roundabout in my MIL's car and she rarely rides with DH but when she does it is in the Nautilus. Also would you put your 7.5 year old DS in a backless if he normally rides in a high back booster daily?

ADS

creideamh

Does she fit in a Scenera? Maestro is light as well. Or an RSTV... :)
I'd be fine putting a 7.5 y/o in a backless for vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Are you open to buying another seat for your daughter, or are you deciding between the two you have?

I would be fine with a backless for the 7-year-old.

flutie128

My mom has a Scenera I think. I am considering buying her a Frontier. I might be getting a Maestro at some point as well. The Scenera is easy to install FFing, right?

rxmommy

If you're deciding amongst the seats you have, I'd take the RA50. Easiest to install in lots of cars and probably fits better on an airplane than the TF.

I would be fine with a 7 y/o in a backless on vacation. My 5.5-year-old was in a backless on vacation. She was just fine (she rides in a highback booster most of the time).

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
I would take the backless booster as a carry-on. If your luggage doesn't make it to your destination when you do, you're stuck without a booster. It should fit in an overhead compartment.

flutie128

I would take the backless booster as a carry-on. If your luggage doesn't make it to your destination when you do, you're stuck without a booster. It should fit in an overhead compartment.

Thanks, I didn't think of that. I would hope the baggage would make it on a nonstop flight I guess you never know.

bensmom

Admin - CPS Technician
Thanks, I didn't think of that. I would hope the baggage would make it on a nonstop flight I guess you never know.

It generally does, but I've had 2 trips within the past year where at least one of our suitcases was delivered to our hotel 12 hours after we arrived. I find it easier to just make sure that I have whatever seats I need at my destination on the plane with me (I do sometimes check boosters in luggage on the way home because I don't need them in my car at home).

flutie128

When are you going? You could join us for the drive in August :whistle:

We are going in March. We might still drive, we haven't decided yet. If we drive I might DS a FR85 that I will then hand down to DD after the Disney. Just like a bought a used BJCMD because DS and DD fight over the stroller and I want a stress free vacation if that is possible.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC