3 y.o. in the Peg convertible

jeminijad

I have a few pics of DD1 in the new Peg Perego Primo Viaggio Convertible car seat.

Her stats: turning 3 in a week, 40" standing height, 14.5" torso, 34lbs.

wholeseat.jpg

Seated, with the headrest at the highest setting. I think.

headrest.jpg

Still about 2-3" from the top of the headrest, which is more than in the Britax convertibles.

lapshot.jpg

Tons of crotch room- seat pan seems fairly deep.

She wasn't tolerating much more, so no comparison pics this time around.

ADS

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
I really think I like this seat...I'm wondering how a seatbelt install is though for people who aren't blessed with Latch

Jessica61624

eyeslkethesky5391 said:
I really think I like this seat...I'm wondering how a seatbelt install is though for people who aren't blessed with Latch

I believe it has a 30lb latch limit so everyone will need to use seat belt at some point. Hopefully its easy to install.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Jessica61624 said:
I believe it has a 30lb latch limit so everyone will need to use seat belt at some point. Hopefully its easy to install.

I think we have determined that we are unclear whether 30 lbs is a LATCH limit or a recommendation. The sticker says they recommend using LATCH for kids under 30 lbs. It doesn't say not to use it beyond that.

In any case, it's a curious statement, but we need to see the manual and/or talk to a rep.

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Wow. I'm surprised that it's actually kind of awesome. I'm reeeeally curious to see it installed. Is the blog going to get one for a full review?

leblanlm

Senior Community Member
Thanks for taking these! My 2yo has been sick so I haven't gotten a chance to take pics with him in it.

When comparing it to the BLVD I too felt like it would offer more room.

As far as the LATCH limits go. I have a call in to the Peg Perego CPST and am trying to get clarification on this.

What is really going to kill this seat for me is that fact that it has to be at 40-45*. It is just going to eat up too much room. Otherwise I think that it is a very nice seat.

jeminijad

What I liked about it is that it was narrow-ish. It seems good for 3 across.

I actually had fleeting thoughts of going online and getting the matching convertible and infant seat in Paloma, I like the black/cream so much :eek: If they made a combination seat, I probably would have a 3 across Peg Paloma backseat. All this from someone who woke up this morning with little interest in Peg Perego products.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Can it be used RFing with the headrest all the way up?

She's adorable!

jolynn6

Hee hee my 5yr old is the same size as ur 3yr old :) so shed fit rfing? I have a lil to pass down to too

rxmommy

Other than the red.....which I don't really care for :eek:.....the colors are boring!!

What's the price point again? It looks interesting but I worry about the angle too and it taking up a lot of front-to-back room in the car. I have short kiddos though so far, so probably no need to get anything taller anyway. :p

BabyKaykes

RF to top of headrest or top of main shell?

on my Kindle Fire using the app...I make much more sense IRL...

luckyclov

I dunno, I don't like it.
I just...don't.

The Peg buckets left such a horrid taste in my mouth, I just can't want to like it.

It's like when you get a stomach virus and you can never eat whatever food it is you ate last again.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC