Why is it so hard to decide??

ericarizo

My DD is 4yrs. 4mos. and I need a new seat for her. She sleeps every time we are in the car and so I am trying to find something that has a little recline to it. She is FF. I think it is dumb to get a convertible for a FF only child but I am starting to think that may be my only option. She is35lbs, 40in. tall with a 14in. torso.

ADS

Brianna

There's always the Rumi Air if you want recline. Not sure how long it would last or if she would have any leg room, but it's got plenty recline.

Kayleen

I have no issues with my 4yo sleeping in her Britax Frontier 85. It is pretty upright, but the headwings are in the right position that she has no headslump in either of our vehicles. With the 10 harness positions, it is easy to position the headwings where they are supposed to be to get the proper head support.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
My almost five year old nanny kiddo sleeps fine in the Nautilus.

HaileysMommy

If $ is an issue you could try the Nauti and see if she has head slump. If so then go with the FR. Also remember it's not really a bit deal if her head slumps FF unless it bugs her. They are a lot more flexible than us!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
What about passing up your DS' TFP, and getting him something else? Or getting her something like a CA, with the justification that it can be passed down to your DS eventually (as a higher weight RF seat than the TF?)

If he's a lightweight and won't need more than a 35lb RF limit, then uh, nevermind.

momtotwogirls

I agree with the FR. My oldest sleeps fine in it even on long trips. You could even teach her how to use a blanket as a pillow to prevent head slump.

Im new here too, all those abbreviations are a bit confusing?:eek:? Sorry, some are easy, others Im totally stumped. :rolleyes:

I have a 4.5 yr old girl who is 43inches and about 40lbs and we just bought the Britax Frontier 85, LOVE IT! She falls asleep all the time too. She said it was comfortable and she loves the cupholders. We also have the Marathon 65 where she is on the last slot :eek: but should hopefully hold out for a bit longer. She sleeps like a dream in that seat. I wish you luck.

bree

Car-Seat.Org Ambassador
Im new here too, all those abbreviations are a bit confusing?:eek:? Sorry, some are easy, others Im totally stumped. :rolleyes:

I have a 4.5 yr old girl who is 43inches and about 40lbs and we just bought the Britax Frontier 85, LOVE IT! She falls asleep all the time too. She said it was comfortable and she loves the cupholders. We also have the Marathon 65 where she is on the last slot :eek: but should hopefully hold out for a bit longer. She sleeps like a dream in that seat. I wish you luck.

This thread has a great list of many of the abbreviations used on this board: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9550 :)

That thread is a few years old, so there may be some newer abbreviations that may need to be asked about individually when you come across them. :)

HEVY

I have a FR85 too, Rachel rarely falls asleep but when she does there isn't much headslump. This seat, I'm sure you know, will last her until she no longer needs one. I never even gave it a second thought to buy this and I tend to seriously overthink everything.

cs1.jpg

cs1295.jpg

Pixels

DD - Dear (Darling) Daughter
FF - Forward Facing
Nauti - Graco Nautilus
FR, FR85 - Britax Frontier 85 (there was another seat called the Frontier with an 80 pound limit. Some old threads with "FR" will be talking about that seat. Now it's usually abbreviated FR80 to distinguish.)
DS - Dear (Darling) Son
TFP - True Fit Premier
TF - True Fit
CA - Complete Air

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC