CCO vs. Tribute

lilliput

Cost aside and recognizing the 33 lb. RF weight limit on the CCO:

Which would you pick? Longevity and ease of use when it comes to plane travel and installation in rental cars are my two biggest concerns. My goal is to get DS3 to 2/2.5 in either of these seats before using one of our RNs for travel for him.

I realized last night that I have to RF DS on our upcoming trip, so the RN is out as his travel seat ... he may be at the weight minimums for the RN to FF (not sure, haven't bothered weighing him), but he is only 8 months old, so RFing it will have to be. DS is on the long side, about 95%, and is easing down to about 75th for weight.

Thanks!

ADS

creideamh

I have been debating the same thing. I own both and figured I should just sell the CCO and use the cheap seat for travel. But, I decided on the CCO for 2 reasons: Euro routing & RF tethering. Both are important to me (especially when driving in unfamiliar places.) Plus, the CCO is narrower and super easy to install on the plane (already done it many times.)
I guess you should just decide if those things are important to you, too. Both seats are easy to install, both are pretty narrow, both are outgrown about the same time, and both are lightweight.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

cmcki737

I had both and got rid of the evenflo bc of a few reason beyond the routing mainly the flash stroller and the comfort of the seat.

sent from my SPH-M580 using Car-Seat.Org

lilliput

Thanks!

One question, what is Euro routing?

CCO it is then, since they will both be outgrown at about the same time. Narrow is super-important because of potential 3-across situations and itty-bitty plane seats. My rear end barely fits in the seats on some of our flights... :)
And to clarify for other folks who may have thought from my pre-coffee post this morning that I was thinking of FF him in the car because he might meet the minimum, he will be RFing in cars until he's outgrown his seats RFing. We're committed to RFing for as long as possible, but it was last night that I realized I would have to RF him on the plane.... which is a first for me.....

Thanks again!

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I got a CCO and did not love it nearly as much as I expected to. It was a great install in my outboard seats, but difficult (maybe even incompatible) in my center seats, where I needed it. It liked to go in tight and then go bonkers over time. I ended up hating it and sending it to live with someone else, lol. :eek:

Despite all of that, if I needed a travel seat, it would be very very high on my list. If you know its limitations and aren't put off by the price tag, then the ability to install with a kiddo in the seat, go on the Flash stroller, fit in tight spaces etc would be major plusses.

todzwife

I absolutely LOVED my CCO but I couldn't get it to install on the captains chairs in my 2012 Sienna so I had to sell it. :(

I have a tribute coming for 1/4 of the price of the CCO. Considering it's going to be a flying/travel seat only, I didn't want an expensive seat to get ruined.

If it had fit in my van though, it wouldn't have left!

lilliput

Ahh well. Just pulled the trigger on a cherry pie CCO... we shall see.

Our RNs have held up pretty well from our plane travels, but they've never been checked - always used on the plane. Hopefully the CCO will hold up too. :) I look forward to hearing how you like the tribute!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC