Flip Over Me Poncho

ADS

scoutingbear

I don't have one of those but I have a Carseatponcho which I :love: I especially love that I can unzip it most of the way from either top or bottom when the car starts to heat up (okay, her brothers do that for her before they get out of the car at school). On cold days we use it instead of a coat because it is so easy to just pop over her head.

PurpleCat

I have a car seat poncho already. :D My son loved it when he was 1. He didn't touch it when he was 2 and now at 3 he just doesn't wear a coat in the car. LOL!

My kids have small heads and short necks. The hood is too big and I'd like to tuck it behind their head but since the back of the poncho is already there it gets to be a bit too much.

creideamh

Ooh I want one too. I like the flip feature... That's my main issue with the Car Seat Poncho. I end up practically strangling DD as I try to pull the back of the poncho from behind her back to get it up on the seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, I like that! It took me a minute to "get" the flip feature, but that's brilliant! Pricey, though. :(

PurpleCat

Oh, I like that! It took me a minute to "get" the flip feature, but that's brilliant! Pricey, though. :(

It's about as pricey as the car seat poncho which ranges from $39.99 - $46.99US.

I am toying with the idea of selling my current poncho to be able to fund this. :whistle:

CarSeatPoncho

You know I have to chime in here! ;)

creideamh, you can always pull down the upper zipper pull so that the neckline does not catch under your child's chin.

hth!

PS: If anyone does try a FOM and is unhappy, let me know and I can probably give you an EXTRA SPECIAL DEAL.

Last edited:

Syllieann

I made dd a poncho this winter but the wings on the bv70 are so close fitting that when I put the back of the ponch over it's just way too much stuff around her head and it made her very angry. I looked at the flip over me because I thought the design would solve the wing problem. I didn't like the fabric selection though. Maybe someone with better fabric patterns will add a design feature like this. :whistle:

CarSeatPoncho

The Car Seat Poncho is the only solution that has a fully adjustible head and neck opening. FOM has only a placket, which is a two-button neck and collar closure. Other wanna-be products either have closed necklines, or worse, drawstrings (which are serious strangulation hazards).

If your child's car seat has headwings and your child wants his or her head to be free of any encumbrance, the Car Seat Poncho can be unzipped as low as needed. Feel free to post, PM or email any more questions! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC