BG in a 3 across situation...

mamamia

My oldest is about 37 lbs now, so I anticipate having to get her a booster for DH's car soon. It will be either a TB or a BG. (Someone posted on another board that BRU may be clearanceing BGs so I may pick one up soon. )I would prefer the BG since she is outboard, but for those with the BG do you think the lock-offs will make it more difficult to buckle her in? Since my almost 2 year old is outgrowing the RA rfing, I think I will put her in the FF in the Next Step in the center (since it is narrower than both the FPSE and RA) and have the FPSE RFing in the other outboard position. Having the NS in the middle should free up a little room for the BG/TB...

ADS
T

Trish

It works GREAT for us....

I have a RF RA in the middle, and the BG outboard (and could fit another BG/SRC or a CarGo on the other side). I was using a Touriva RF and a CarGo, which worked, but the RA/BG combo gives my 10yo DD more room.

I don't have any problems reaching in to buckle it, though I DID when I had it next to the Touriva. It is "harder" to buckle than a traditional booster, but it's no more difficult or time consuming than a 5-pt harness.

mamamia

I went to BRU and they don't carry them anymore. I asked if it was because it didn't sell well, and the guy said that it sold well but "there was a major safety problem with the seat" and they "pulled them from the shelves".

Anyone have any idea why BRU thinks this?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I haven't heard anything, yet. I'd hope if they know something that a recall is forthcoming. It's relatively unusual for any booster to have a major safety problem, since it is the vehicle seatbelt that is restraining the child. I suspect there is a better chance that the BRU person didn't know what they are talking about, but you never know....

mamamia

I would have dismissed it but I read on either ivillage or babycenter a post by someone that said he/she was told by a BRU employee that the seat was being discontinued...I guess I'll have to wait and see.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
It wouldn't surprise me if it is being discontinued. It was rather expensive and it may not have sold well. If so, it may not be a safety issue.

T

Trish

I went to BRU and was told they discontinued them because "The Turbo Booster is the same thing for a lot less money". :rolleyes:

mamamia

BRU stopped selling them or Britax stopped making them? That is the confusing part.

I know the TB is wildly popular, and DD wants the princess one (which I feel is very safe in my 2004 sienna with side curtain airbags), but I would like a BG for the Outback since she sits outboard....Maybe I will put her in a TB in the middle if she can get to the buckle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC