Thoughts on Rebound Control

jenfrogmom

Is it a deal breaker for you to not have rebound control, or does it not matter either way in your opinion?

ADS

Brianna

None of the car seats I've owned have had any sort of rebound control- no anti-rebound bar or RF tether. I've been completely okay with this.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I might use it as a tie-breaker when deciding between seats, but it's not a major consideration.

christineka

After watching some crash tests, I decided that it's something I will have on my rfing seats if I can afford it and fit the seat in my vehicle. I own 4 convertibles now and all of them have anti-rebound control.

Chex

After watching some crash tests, I decided that it's something I will have on my rfing seats if I can afford it and fit the seat in my vehicle. I own 4 convertibles now and all of them have anti-rebound control.

:yeahthat:

Cath3114

I love that my Britax has it, but it wasn't a determining factor. Though I was between it and the Radian, both of which RF tether. But we bought a TF for my DH's car, and it doesn't have anything.

momtotwogirls

While Id rather rf without than forward face. Yes it was a big deciding factor in my most recent car seat purchase.

Pixels

I'm good with whatever. DD's Radian in my car isn't tethered right now because I haven't bothered to even look if there's a good point to attach it. She might get moved to the third row to accommodate DD2 before I get around to looking at my driver's seat. When she's in the third row then the TA for the 2nd row is right there and I'll attach it then.

penguingrooves

it is absolutely a dealbreaker/maker. i won't RF without tethering. i'll have to look more into the technology of an anti-rebound bar if i get the foonf.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I should add that the type of rebound control would make a slight difference to me. I'd much prefer an anti-rebound bar and/or European belt routing to Swedish tethering. But again, not a deal-breaker, per se.

mimieliza

I strongly prefer it. But right now the EFTA was the best choice to fit RFing in a tight spot, so that's what DS rides in DH's car.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

krystin_21a

Deal breaker for me. The first carseat that I ever installed was a Snugride and I kept saying to my husband that I wished there was some way to secure the back of the base better so that it didn't flip up. For me it just seemed like it would be safer. So, when looking for my son's next seat we went with a Britax so that I could rf tether. My kids are on the small side Britax seats work very well for them and a Radian would be a little overkill. At almost five my son could still fit rfing by height in the classic ma (33 pound limit, I think).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC