Anyone seen this before?

Mom2nj

01020701030701040320070726af611d74c5b609f8f70069e6.jpg
010110010312010410200707268a2fe836485eacd60e0056e9.jpg
010201010302010408200707266253669af92828f4e5005aaa.jpg

I found this on my local craigslist, I have never seen one before, it looks interesting...

ADS

canadianmom2three

Came this close to buying that one...both that and the cosco designer 35 were on discontinued clearance at our BRU, and I debated and debated, but really the whole reason I was buying a new infant seat, was because our DS was a heavyweight, and iirc, the fisher price didn't have a hight weight limit, so I went with the designer 35, which got him thru the whole winter in the bucket - great when you don't have a garage!! Let me tell you though, that thing was heavy+huge baby in it - whew it was a workout;)
Btw - I looked at it when DS#3 was about 6mos (early 2003), and it was being discontinued at the time, so could still have a bit of time before expiry...

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Our local TECHS (neighborhood CPS group) has one for use in instruction/ cert. classes. Quite possibly one of the coolest things ever (at least I think so)

LuvMyGirls

Yes! I first saw that on tv. There was a show about a family with three sets of twins. The mom was carrying the babies in two of those. I wanted it because it has a carry strap instead of the usual handle. The mom just carried the baby on her shoulder. I couldn't find anything even close when I was pregnant last year.

bethng

Came this close to buying that one...both that and the cosco designer 35 were on discontinued clearance at our BRU, and I debated and debated, but really the whole reason I was buying a new infant seat, was because our DS was a heavyweight, and iirc, the fisher price didn't have a hight weight limit, so I went with the designer 35, which got him thru the whole winter in the bucket - great when you don't have a garage!! Let me tell you though, that thing was heavy+huge baby in it - whew it was a workout;)

Oh I had one of the cosco designer 35 for dd#3. I LOVED that seat. It was light yellow with pastel animals on it. She was in that until she was about 20 months old. But that sucker was very heavy! lol Didnt carry it around much after the first couple months!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
SIV coolness factors (drool);): anti-rebound base with a built-in mirror for keeping an eye on the baby, a carrying strap instead of a clunky handle, 8 year expiration... Someone who was luckier than me and actually used one could probably add to the pros of the seat. ;) I'm not encouraging buying a used one from craigslist, though, unless it will be used for training/sentimental archival purposes. It's a pity they were discontinued. :whistle:

Lea_Ontario

YES ! OMG - I scoured every store around looking for one of those when Bug was born - could not find one anywhere.

I LOVE the carry strap instead of the hard handle.

One of my LLL co-leaders has one for her son, and I about drool over it. Mind you - Bear would have been out of it weight-wise long ago :lol:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Is it being encouraged that someone purchased this seat from craigslist?

No, I don't think so -- it's just such a great seat (really really great) & it's a shame it's no longer produced.... I doubt anyone here trusts a previously used seat from a stranger, but man it's just such a great seat!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Sorry, shorthand for the Fisher Price Stay-in-View infant seat. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC