Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Combi Coccoro for air travel?

I've heard great thing about this seat for airplane use. I'm looking for a convertible seat for my 7 month old and am thinking about purchasing this one mainly because I travel frequently and a car seat that is perfect for airplane use would be invaluable for me. I am fine with the fact that she won't be able to use it as long as other convertible seats on the market. I'll use it in our vehicle for as long as she'll fit RFing and then I'll probably be able to put her in one of my older DD's Radians. I'm fine with FFing on a plane long before I'd do it in a car.

I've heard that this seat is so compact it will allow the person in front of you to recline on airplanes? Has anyone here found this to be true? I've had a couple travel nightmares where the FA argued with me over having my infant RFing in a Keyfit 30 and blocking the seat in front of her from being able to recline. This has happened twice. I'd rather not have to get into it with FAs if I don't have to IYKWIM

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Combi Coccoro for air travel?

yup... the person in front of us was able to recline when we flew with our coccoro. Plus it's so light, that DD fell asleep in the terminal and I carried her, in the seat, onto the plane and belted it in, she slept the whole flight (SLC-JFK) and i took her off the plane still in the seat!

Senior Community Member lpperry's Avatar

I love the Coccoro on a plane! It installed super easy. The person in front could absolutely recline the seat completely. It also is narrow enough to fit down the isle attached to a suitcase.

Oliver (5 years) ff Radian RXT, Claudia (3 1/2 years) rf Radian RXT, Avery (2 years months) rf Coccoro, Vivian (3-14) rf Coccoro, Madeline (9) Literider,

Admin - CPST Instructor wendytthomas's Avatar

Depending on the plane we've had people able to recline, and others not. But for us the seat is perfect (they're not guaranteed a reclining seat anyway, right?).

Wendy
    wendy, cpst-i mom to
    piper, 7/26/02, 62", 108#, seatbelt, driving her own car
    laine 9/16/09, 54", 96#, Nuna Aaces, Diono Solana 2
    in my husband's 2018 Toyota Land Cruiser, my 2017 Volvo XC90, and big sister's 2016 Honda Civic
    https://www.car-seat.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1353&dateline=1552329  785

Quote Originally Posted by lpperry View Post
    I love the Coccoro on a plane! It installed super easy. The person in front could absolutely recline the seat completely. It also is narrow enough to fit down the isle attached to a suitcase.

Thanks for the pics! That really helps. I almost always fly Southwest.

CPST Instructor

Hello Everyone:

These are AWESOME pictures with some GORGEOUS children! The Coccoro fits perfectly onto GoGo Wheels if you would like to have the option of pulling instead of carrying!

Vera
    vfullaway@combiUSA.com

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar

I just flew with my coccoro and i really enjoyed it.
    ive flown with an infant seat many times and it was just as easy.
    i just loved how perfectly the coccoro fit in the seat and it was a breeze to install even with the baby still in the seat.

on our flights the seat in front of us had about 1.5" of space to recline?

We flew 18 hours with our CCO on three different planes. Every plane was a great install and even on the smallest plane the person in front could recline. Never had anyone bug me about RF and my DD was 15 months at the time.
    Coty-
    Mama to Charlie since 6.27.07 & Scarlett since 7.21.10
    Now have my Mazda 5 back with a RF MA65 and a RF MT.

Well I went ahead and bought the Coccoro. I absolutely love this little seat as our primary seat.

I already have a GoGo Kidz and was wondering if anyone knows if it will go down the aisle of a 737 with the Coccoro attached?

maybe i should have kept my cco
    *STACY* Mom to: Sage-9, Nevaeh-6.5, Junior-5, Nayeli-1.5

CPS Technician xursusmaritimusx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lovemybabies924 View Post
    maybe i should have kept my cco
    lol mine now
    loving it!

Just flew yesterday with my Coccoro and my Gogo Kidz Travelmate. Success! I have used the travelmate with other seats before but it is as if it were made for the Coccoro.

Just in case anyone is curious, this combination will roll down the aisle of a 737.

Just wondering, you GoGoKidz users, can you give me some tips to make it attach well to a Coccoro? I'm borrowing the older UNIQR wheelz set, and I just can't get it tight enough to stay on the little hooks. I'm half tempted to buy the ratcheting strap for my kind loaner, but we're leaving Thursday so it wouldn't do much good.