Frontier 85 harness, twisty?

aunt83me02

Senior Community Member
I was wondering if the Frontier harness is the really thick kind or the thinner/twisty kind. I loved the straps on my niece's old Marathon, not the straps on her brother's Regent. I was wondering how the Frontier 85 harness compares.

ADS

noahsmom24

I have a Regent and I know what you mean about the harness wanting to be a little twisty, I'd be interested to know the answer as well since I'm going to have a FR85 on it's way soon.

mkmama

I'll be the odd duck out...my 3.5 year old is constantly fighting his FR85 straps because they get twisted. They're the most twisty straps we've dealt with...but we dont have any other Britax seats, he's only ever ridden in a TrueFit, Radian, and MyRide.

However, thankfully when they twist, they don't tend to twist in the buckle, so we don't have to fight straightening the buckle out on the strap, just untwisting the straps.

NVMBR02

Ours twist some. They aren't as stiff or thick as the straps on the classic MA that I had. They aren't too bad though. We have had the seat for a little over a year and the straps have twisted/folded over in the buckle 3-4 times.

I only owned a Regent for about 8 months and I don't remember the straps twisting at all though.

jsta1005

The straps on the 85 are not really twisty... the straps on the 80 are super twisty and will probably be the death of me!

koda&phiasmama

I Just installed a frontier 85 in my van for my brother he's 5 so he can buckle himself but they are always twisted at the top I hate twisty straps but it is better than my sons GN.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
They're thick, but I always find that J's twist if I'm not careful.

HEVY

Every so often they twist, but I think it has to do with the way she takes them off and not pay attention to what she's doing and putting it back on. As for being twisty compared with older, or other manufactured seats, no, not at all. My Regents were also not twisty but the FR85 straps are thicker, or more stiff? But they are not as thick and stiff like the straps for a BLVD or MA.

Basically what I am trying to say is no they are not twisty :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC