Question Embroidery on a cover

Jessica61624

How do you all feel about embroidery on a cover? I want to get ds a red r120 and was thinking about getting mcqueen on it. I want the colbolt rxt but I can't do the head wings anymore. Ds thinks its so much fun to brace himself on them.

ADS

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I believe someone here sewed on little cutouts from a pair of pajamas.

I'm not sure if I would do it though.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm generally ok with it, as long as it's not on a "functional" part of the cover (near harness slots or whatever, that might weaken them and cause rips and nuisances), it doesn't change the fit (watch for puckering, etc.), and you realize that you're altering the cover and it will no longer be under warranty. :)

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I would be okay with it, but I would put something easily removable on in case his tastes change. My nephew was REALLY into Lightning McQueen (obsessed!!) for about six months and now he hates Cars because he got burnt out.

crunchierthanthou

Maybe an iron on patch would be better. It would go above the diono logo so he could see it in his mirror.

I don't know that I'd risk an iron the nylon Diono covers. :twocents:

My ds was over Cars/McQueen after about 6 months, too. He started asking for cars "without faces" (aka, hotwheels).

TXAggieTech

We have embroidered covers in the past. Put A&M on a MA cover, like the other collegiate lines.

I have been working at an embroidery shop for the past few months and keep meaning to take a radian cover up there but can't figure out what I want on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC