What vehicles will fit 5 car seats?

Saramomofmany

I'm wondering which vehicles will fit 5 car seats? We have a 7 year old in a Britax Regent, an almost 6 year old in a Britax Regent, a 3 year old in a Britax Boulevard a 7 month old in a Graco Safe Seat 1, and we found out we are expecting a little surprise next April. We aren't going to have a lot of money to get something, and I don't think we can get a loan(bad credit). So I'm guessing we might have $2,500 if we are lucky...could be a tad bit more, or a tad bit less. So a tall order I'm sure.

From what I've looked at, minivans seem to be recommended here more than SUV's or larger vans...but I'm curious if the minivan seats 5 in the back, are you really going to get 5 car seats in there, especially when the 2 Regents are HUGE!!

Thanks so much. We aren't getting something right this second, but need time to figure out what we need, what it will cost, and get money saved up.

Sara

ADS

vangelder03

i have a 2006 toyota sienna with five car seats in it
two regents two radians an evenflo embrace
third row passenger regent
third row center radian
third row driver radian
second row passenger captain chair regent
second row driver captains chair evenflo embrace i hope this helps

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
My siggy shows two Regents in the middle row of my 2000 Windstar. I have two three seater there. They take up all the room but maybe three inches. I can barely fit two MAs and a Combi connection without the base in the back. If you get a Radian for the current SS1 kiddo, it may work.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I have an 8-passenger '97 Chevy Astro that has plenty of room. I haven't done a whole lot of 3-across with recent carseats, but it's a wide bench in the third row, so even if all you could find was a 7-passenger version, it should work.

I don't think you'd get both Regents on the bench with anything in the middle, but I'm pretty sure you could get two other carseats in there with one Regent on the bench. Plus, the Radian installs fairly easily, and of course it's great for 3-across situations.

TerisBoys

I've got a Pontiac Transport (Montana) with quad seating - it's 3 seats across the middle, and 2 in the back. All the same size. I could easily get 5 seats in there, even if 2 were Regents. Access to the rear row could be tricky though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC