Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

What vehicles will fit 5 car seats?

I'm wondering which vehicles will fit 5 car seats? We have a 7 year old in a Britax Regent, an almost 6 year old in a Britax Regent, a 3 year old in a Britax Boulevard a 7 month old in a Graco Safe Seat 1, and we found out we are expecting a little surprise next April. We aren't going to have a lot of money to get something, and I don't think we can get a loan(bad credit). So I'm guessing we might have $2,500 if we are lucky...could be a tad bit more, or a tad bit less. So a tall order I'm sure.

From what I've looked at, minivans seem to be recommended here more than SUV's or larger vans...but I'm curious if the minivan seats 5 in the back, are you really going to get 5 car seats in there, especially when the 2 Regents are HUGE!!

Thanks so much. We aren't getting something right this second, but need time to figure out what we need, what it will cost, and get money saved up.

Sara

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: What vehicles will fit 5 car seats?

i have a 2006 toyota sienna with five car seats in it
    two regents two radians an evenflo embrace
    third row passenger regent
    third row center radian
    third row driver radian
    second row passenger captain chair regent
    second row driver captains chair evenflo embrace i hope this helps

My siggy shows two Regents in the middle row of my 2000 Windstar. I have two three seater there. They take up all the room but maybe three inches. I can barely fit two MAs and a Combi connection without the base in the back. If you get a Radian for the current SS1 kiddo, it may work.

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus Defrost's Avatar

I have an 8-passenger '97 Chevy Astro that has plenty of room. I haven't done a whole lot of 3-across with recent carseats, but it's a wide bench in the third row, so even if all you could find was a 7-passenger version, it should work.

I don't think you'd get both Regents on the bench with anything in the middle, but I'm pretty sure you could get two other carseats in there with one Regent on the bench. Plus, the Radian installs fairly easily, and of course it's great for 3-across situations.
    Debbie, CPST-I
    driving my '07 Mazda5 with
    Thomas (18) * Sam (17) * Patrick (15) * Macha (13)
    Safely secured with seat belts - everyone, every ride!

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

I've got a Pontiac Transport (Montana) with quad seating - it's 3 seats across the middle, and 2 in the back. All the same size. I could easily get 5 seats in there, even if 2 were Regents. Access to the rear row could be tricky though.