Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Flying:Bring RA50, scenera that doesn't fit in my van or buy a tribute?

We are taking a week long trip that includes a short flight there and back. I purchased a scenera thinking it would be a perfect travel seat but I can't get it to install in my van. If we bring it for the trip, we will 1. have to put it in the back with the "luggage" and 2. It MAY not install RFing in the rental van either.

Or I can bring the RA50 (Her regular seat for now) Comfortable but pretty darn heavy.

Or I can spend $50 and get a Tribute from Walmart.com

DD does not have a ticket but they said that the flights aren't full. Of course in the next few weeks they COULD potentially fill up, which means that the seat would have to be gate checked. Which freaks me out with her "regular" seat since I've read you should consider it "crashed" if it's put under the plane.

WWYD?

It would be close to $400 to get her her own seat.
    Mama to DS:10/03-Harmony Transit, DD 1/06 Parkway, DD2 4/10- Nextfit/frontier DD3 7/13- Pria

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Ambassador - CPS Technician

Re: Flying:Bring RA50, scenera that doesn't fit in my van or buy a tribute?

If there's a chance you may need to gate check, I'd probably take a travel seat. If you can't get a good install w/ the Scenera, trying the Tribute or another seat like that would make sense. Make sure you try whatever seat out that you do decide to get so that you know you can install it.
    ~Danielle
    RNC-MNN, BSN
    CPST, SN Trained

Re: Flying:Bring RA50, scenera that doesn't fit in my van or buy a tribute?

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I'd hate for her regular seat to be considered crashed have to replace it, especially since we JUST got it!
    Mama to DS:10/03-Harmony Transit, DD 1/06 Parkway, DD2 4/10- Nextfit/frontier DD3 7/13- Pria