Which of these seats is newer?

tnt1014

I am currently in the market for 2 new convertible seats (see other post)
My almost 4 year old is set on The Firs Years True Fit.
I found this one on Albeebaby.com and [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Learning-Curve-True-Convertible-Butterfly/dp/B005BW7WBM"]this one on Amazon.com [/ame]while looking for a manufacturing date for the Butterfly pattern. I know it is an older pattern as I have seen it around for awhile. I'm just wondering if one of these seats is older than the other?

Thanks!

ADS

Lenae

I bought a Butterfly TF shortly after that cover came out, and it looked like the one on Albeebaby. So if I were to guess, especially with the lower price, I'd say the Albeebaby one is older.

ETA: Personally, I like the one with more pink better. :twocents:

tnt1014

I bought a Butterfly TF shortly after that cover came out, and it looked like the one on Albeebaby. So if I were to guess, especially with the lower price, I'd say the Albeebaby one is older.

ETA: Personally, I like the one with more pink better. :twocents:

I like the one with the more pink better too.... If you don't mind me asking do you know about when you bought it? I don't mind losing some time but I don't want to order them and lose a ton of life since they've been sitting on a shelf some where.

Also, do you prefer your Marathon over the True Fit? I am currently tyring to decide whch seat to buy and would love any input.

Lenae

I bought the TF with the more pink cover nearly two years ago. I bought it in April of 2010 I believe. I don't know how long the cover had the more pink on it, but I think if you call Albeebaby they might be able to tell you the maufacture date. The TF has a 7 year life span.

I prefer the TF to the MA (I have the classic 35 lb RF version). It has taller top slots and more legroom. The seat is very roomy, which is awesome for the older RF crowd, but I also had my DD in one from birth and she fit really well. I had to sell my TF because I could only keep one seat and I had to fly on a TINY plane with it, and the TF was just too big for me to manage on my own with two kids, but that's a whole other story. Some people don't like the continuous harness or that the adjuster is buried when the seat is RF, but neither of those things bugged me.

tnt1014

I bought the TF with the more pink cover nearly two years ago. I bought it in April of 2010 I believe. I don't know how long the cover had the more pink on it, but I think if you call Albeebaby they might be able to tell you the maufacture date. The TF has a 7 year life span.

I prefer the TF to the MA (I have the classic 35 lb RF version). It has taller top slots and more legroom. The seat is very roomy, which is awesome for the older RF crowd, but I also had my DD in one from birth and she fit really well. I had to sell my TF because I could only keep one seat and I had to fly on a TINY plane with it, and the TF was just too big for me to manage on my own with two kids, but that's a whole other story. Some people don't like the continuous harness or that the adjuster is buried when the seat is RF, but neither of those things bugged me.

Thank you! I was actually going to email customer service at Albeebaby and see if they could check the DOM for me. I figure if it's a year old(or closer to 2) I'm okay with that. I will be using them for my just turned 2 year old (1/13) and almost 4 year old (3/14) so I don't really need the full 7 years.
We have two ETA's which I love but the turn knob adjuster is a pitb when rfing in the captains chairs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC