CA 65 SE - Discontinued?

Brigala

CPST Instructor
Well, crap.

I sent my CA 65 SE back to Dorel because they were going to replace it. First they sent the wrong SE (had the same problem I sent the other one back for), then they sent a base-model plain grey CA 65, and then they told me the SE was backordered.

I emailed yesterday to see if they had an update, and now they "cannot confirm" that it will EVER come back into stock, so they're issuing me a refund.

The good news is that with my tech discount I can get a Radian R120 with the money back from my CA 65 SE.

The bad news is that now I can't have a seat that matches my OB35 SE. :(

ADS

MommyShannon

I wonder if they are changing to match the Canadian ones. The rumor was the dual recline sticker versions will be the same but the Canadian models are different to meet their new guidelines.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
That would certainly make sense. When I talked to the product tech at Dorel originally, I asked him about the dual line (since I had him on the phone anyway) and he said there were "delays" (or did he say "problems"? I can't remember).

Which actually is making me wonder about the safety of ignoring that line on the side of the seat. What kinds of delays could there be in producing a different freaking sticker, unless the seats really aren't holding up as well in crash tests at a more upright angle?

Actually, here's my wild speculation: I think the most likely thing is that they actually found out that what we've been trying to tell them for months is true - that some of the molds they're using have the line at the wrong angle. And they're having to track down that problem and make all new molds and test them. But do you think they'll ever admit it or issue an advisory for current owners? Nope.

Brigala

CPST Instructor
The one they have on Diapers.com is the OLD pre-65 lb version! I just got confirmation that the DOM on those is Sept. 2010. (Kudos for Diapers.com answering email in the middle of the night!).

Maybe I'll have to go to Canada to buy one. LOL.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC