Comparison pics of the R120 to the 80SL and YES! you can switch their covers! Pics!

zactayaus

Got my R120 today.:D:love: I decided to switch their covers to see if they would work on each other and YES! the do. I took tons of comparison pics so here ya go!

R120 on the left in Daytona. 80SL on the right in Shadow:
103_0580.jpg

103_0586.jpg

103_0585.jpg

Naked:
103_0589.jpg

103_0595.jpg

103_0597.jpg

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for! Wearing each others clothes!

R120 on left in 80SL cover. 80SL on right in R120 cover.
As you can see the R120 cover on the 80SL was a little baggy on the sides but not bad at all. The 80SL cover fit the R120 like a glove though.
103_0602.jpg

103_0605.jpg

103_0604.jpg

The 80SL snap on the cover lined up perfectly with the back snap on the R120 seat.
103_0611.jpg

The back snap on the R120 cover lined up perfectly with the snap on the 80SL but that left the front snap unattached to anything. However it was on so tight and snug it did not matter that it was not snapped.
103_0612.jpg

Hope that helped anyone wanting to swap out covers.:)

Last edited:
ADS

zactayaus

I love the red. Makes me wish RN's played better in my truck. :)

Yeah that's too bad. It's funny how our 'burbs are only 1 year apart (mines a 2000) and I can get a rock solid FF install in the center 2nd row in about a 1-2 minutes. I will say that the RN is almost incompatible RF in my center 2nd row because of the over recline issue. Of course the angle adjuster took care of that and man oh man is it one of the most solid installs of any car seat I've ever had in that position. That sucker is one with the car now.:cool:

aym4Him

Wow!

I'm really loving the look of these seats. The fact that they RF for so long doesn't hurt. :love:

I wish I knew if we were going to add another kiddo to our family. I think I would get one of these so we could pass it down once my DS outgrew it RF. As it stands, I think he'd only get to use it for about a year, maybe. :( That, right there, doesn't justify the cost (for us, especially DH).

zactayaus

Thanks! I was wondering if the rxt cover fits the r120 and Im guessing it would! Choices choices....

I'm sure they would and if I ever see a blue RXT cover up on swap it's totally mine.:p

Wow!

I'm really loving the look of these seats. The fact that they RF for so long doesn't hurt. :love:

I wish I knew if we were going to add another kiddo to our family. I think I would get one of these so we could pass it down once my DS outgrew it RF. As it stands, I think he'd only get to use it for about a year, maybe. :( That, right there, doesn't justify the cost (for us, especially DH).

Yeah, I bought ours for my almost 3yo. There will be no more little ones to pass it down to. I'm thinking he'll fit in it RF for maybe another year (probably less though). Then we'll flip it FF as long as he still fits in it and use it till it's outgrown and then sell it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC