Question van that is super friendly for installs (4-5 kids)

Mel281

I am trying to research mini vans, and thought that I had settled on a 2006-2010 8 passenger sienna, but I cant seem to find on in my area, plus I like the extras of the higher end trim levels (and they only come in 7 passenger).

So can anyone help me figure out which van is friendly for car seat installs? One of my seats is a Radian, and I have the angle adjuster. DH prefers seat belt installations vs LATCH, which I've heard can be a problem with the Radian in many vehicles. I'm mostly wondering about 2-3 seats in the third row, since it is kind of a given that most should be easy enough in the middle row(2 for sure, 3 if 8 passenger sienna).

Possible options I'm curious about:
2006-2010 7 passenger Sienna
2011-2012 Sienna (Did they ever add more upper tethers? When?)
2011-2012 Chrysler Town and Country (my cousin gets a corporate discount)
2011 Odyssey??? (too expensive?)

Thank you!

ADS

sheena

I drive an 08 odyssey and i love it. It seats 8 but the 8th is really tiny.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Mel281

How well do the seats install in the third row? I have a friend with an Ody and I struggle getting car seats in the third row. Sometimes I try LATCH, then try seatbelt, then end up back with LATCH as the lesser of the two evils. I think FF was better than RF, if I remember right.

emtb79

I've got an '07 ODY and I love mine I have stuck many seats in the 3rd row and have gotten some seats in that teeny weeny 8th seat that I didn't think would go. All the ones in the teeny weeny seat were RF and with built in locking because he. It wouldn't tip.

In my 3rd row ive gotten a
RN, nauti, blvd70
RN, nauti, RA40
RN,sr35,pkwy
RN, sr35, RN

ETA: in the 8th seat I've gotten a sr35, TFP, RA40, MA

Mel281

So is this saying it's easy enough to get a good seat belt install in the outboard positions with the Radian?

I've got an '07 ODY and I love mine I have stuck many seats in the 3rd row and have gotten some seats in that teeny weeny 8th seat that I didn't think would go. All the ones in the teeny weeny seat were RF and with built in locking because he. It wouldn't tip.

In my 3rd row ive gotten a
RN, nauti, blvd70
RN, nauti, RA40
RN,sr35,pkwy
RN, sr35, RN

ETA: in the 8th seat I've gotten a sr35, TFP, RA40, MA

emtb79

It was solid install with the radians forward facing I tried rear-facing but the plastic parts covering the hinges prevented me from installing rear facing, but yea it took a little work and some patience but I got it tight.

Syllieann

I have the 07 ody too and yes, you can get a good installation of radian in 3rd row outboard spots but you need to twist down the buckle stalk. Regarding the 8th seat, if you use the angle adjuster, it raises the belt path just enough to keep the feet from hitting the hinges. I put a pic in the "official angle adjuster thread" of the radian in the plus one and a couple other spots.

Syllieann

Was your radian rf in the 3rd row outboard cause I wasn't able to get it there.

I've installed it center of 3rd row w/ angle adjuster using latch and rf driver side w/ sb and no AA. I would presume that the outboard spot on pass side would work too if driver side did but maybe it's slightly different due to the 60/40 and off center latch anchors for the middle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC