Will I be kicked off of c-s.org if...

jeminijad

... I admit that one of the reasons I bought a Via is so that I can use JJ Cole accessories :eek:

I love the Bundle Me. I didn't use one for DD1, born in Feb, because I learned here not to use aftermarket items, but I surely wanted one.

ADS

christineka

Rear-facing is so safe, that I doubt a little extra fabric really makes a big difference. That's why there are all kinds of approved thick pads and stuff for rfing seats.

zactayaus

I really don't have a big problem with the Bundle Me's that have horizontal slits for the harness straps but I do have a major problem with the ones with the vertical slits. I work with infant seats almost every day. The old style Bundle Me's (even the very thin ones) with the vertical slits are horrible with harness straps. They pull the harness away from the baby's neck and angle the straps down toward the outside edge of their shoulders. If I have a parent that insist's on using the old style I urge them to cut out the back and then the problem is solved.

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
zactayaus said:
I really don't have a big problem with the Bundle Me's that have horizontal slits for the harness straps but I do have a major problem with the ones with the vertical slits. I work with infant seats almost every day. The old style Bundle Me's (even the very thin ones) with the vertical slits are horrible with harness straps. They pull the harness away from the baby's neck and angle the straps down toward the outside edge of their shoulders. If I have a parent that insist's on using the old style I urge them to cut out the back and then the problem is solved.

Yeah that ... we have a baby here at work, bottom of a bundle me, no top (so why bother?) And the Velcro in the vertical slits has DESTROYED the harness. Unfortunately I am not allowed to say anything :(

When I buckle him in as he is leaving, I make sure his straps are tight, chest clip where it goes and I walk away. Nothing more I can do... :(

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

laurengt

Cutting the back out of the bundleme solved those issues for me and still kept the little one toasty.

ginny4

i also have loved the bundle me (old style with vertical slit) . i used it before i knew better but later became a favorite on the stroller for those early morning walks to the bus stop.

Ladyl

This thread combined with your nursing one had me highlighting your signature! Alas, nothing.

No experience with bundle me, so I'm not helpful, except to say I don't think we'd kick you off c-s.o

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I agree w/ the PP that said it depended on the slits in the BM. I'm not worried about compression a whole lot... they're usually just as thin as a fleece jacket. My problem w/ most of the BMs I've seen is that they have those vertical slits which reroute the straps (pulls them off the shoulders and adds up to a few inches of slack on a newborn) and the velcro rubs on the straps.

lovemybabies924

If I didnt have a graco snugsak for my sr35 I would buy the via haha just to use a BM! The new bundlemes are great in car seats but I still tell everyone no.

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC