Where are we still seeing non-compliant seats?

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Just curious. Attempting to put something together here. If you know FOR CERTAIN that a store in your area still has non-compliant seats, please share what it is and where.

Thanks!

ADS

Keeanh

Now that Dorel says THEY don't know what's compliant & what's not, it's really difficult to say...

There are 2010 35lb Sceneras at Zellers, as well as some questionable infant seats (the Sprint travel system that Dorel previously said were not compliant). But now Dorel doesn't seem to have a clear answer.

ETA: This is the Salmon Arm Zellers.

Last edited:

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Now that Dorel says THEY don't know what's compliant & what's not, it's really difficult to say...

There are 2010 35lb Sceneras at Zellers, as well as some questionable infant seats (the Sprint travel system that Dorel previously said were not compliant). But now Dorel doesn't seem to have a clear answer.

Which Sears is that?

Kat_Shoshin

Sears in Halifax NS is about 1/3 non-compliant.

Zellers in Bedford NS has almost exclusively non-compliant seats other than the Sceneras because they were compliant from such an early date.

It's really unfortunate.

Emi's Mommy

Going by the dates listed in the compliant Dorel seats thread, Wal-Mart St. Vital is selling non-compliant Sceneras :( They had four or five, some pink and some tan. I think the model number was 22118 which states in the thread that they are compliant as of December 2011. The DOM's on the ones I saw yesterday were September 2011. They had them on clearance for $50. :thumbsdown:

Emi's Mommy

The Sceneras are gone today. Not sure if they have been sold or just pulled. I really hope pulled, but I saw a guy carrying one with no carry bag out to his car.

KristineML

Sears at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton has and Evenflo Aura travel system with the Z handle on the floor. It's on clearance, marked down from $299 to $249.

G

guest1

I was looking online and it was either Sears or BRU that had a Z handle one - I may be wrong, but I thought that NONE of the compliant seats had the z handle?

KristineML

March 12th. Sears at Linden Park Mall in Brantford has an Evenflo Embrace on the shelf.

March 16th, Sears at Limeridge Mall in Hamilton has removed the car seat from the Evenflo Aura travel system and is selling the stroller. They have also relocated all the car seats to a shelf behind the cash desk in the baby department.

featherhead

This is probably a really dumb question - but how do you know if a seat being sold is non-compliant?

Some are easier to tell than others. Infant seats for the most part you can tell from looking at them. Evenflo non-compliant seats have the Z handle. Graco the front sides won't be as high (new ones have bolsters added). Some you might have to look in the manual to see what it says about handle position (more seats now require it up, or in the rebound position).
With convertibles, some Dorel seats and Evenflo seats have the bolsters on the front as well.

There is a thread at the top of the Canadian forum with the changes to the seats.

alake

Lloydminster Superstore, I was there this week (home for a few days) had non compliant snugrides on sale. I noticed those for sure, may have been more, but didn't pay to much attention, other then they were sitting about 30 feet from the front door
Zeller's also had the old style seats, scerena, and some older infant carriers. They did however have the TFP in stock, which I was excited to see. This was as of March 16th.

Emi's Mommy

Sears Kildonan place still has an Evenflo z handle infant seat on display. Not sure if they are actually selling any as there was not an employee in sight.

Keeanh

Down to one 35lb Scenera at Zellers in Salmon Arm. Does that mean someone bought the other one, at full price, when the 40lb ones are sitting right there??? Ugh.

selinajean

Zellers in Salmon Arm is still selling the Sprint travel system (DJG told us that the infant seat is not compliant). chanting *3 months until they are gone, 3 months until they are gone*

Has Health Canada actually done anything about this yet? It is becoming increasingly frustrating.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC