Just got DD's MR.

purplemama

ETA pics of how she fits (forgot I took these)

IMG_1681.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

And the fit on her is terrrible. With the infant padding she fits pretty good but it squishes her legs on the sides and makes it a bit hard to fully tighten the harness. Without it the crotch buckle is a good 2-3 inches away from her and she really slumps down. Yeah, I could put a cloth diaper or recieving blanket rolled up there but I'd really rather not. I really wish that the infant insert didn't have those dumb things on the side. This is the one I got to show what the inserts look like. http://www.target.com/p/Graco-My-Ride-65-Car-Seat-Resa/-/A-13478080
She's still on the bottom slots at a year old!!!

On the other hand, I installed it FF real quick for DS2 and I really like it. It's not too reclined and he has a lot of room in it.

IDK, maybe I'll try a different cover that has a different infant insert. :(

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

Oh thats a bummer! Could you post a picture so we can see? The MyRide is suppose to fits newbies really well, but I wonder if the redesigned infant support is going to be a no go? And yes, the crotch strap is too far out for a small baby :(

purplemama

Oh thats a bummer! Could you post a picture so we can see? The MyRide is suppose to fits newbies really well, but I wonder if the redesigned infant support is going to be a no go? And yes, the crotch strap is too far out for a small baby :(

I'll try to post a pic later. I think the insert would be fine for newborns but for a tiny 1 yr old, it's just a no go. Too much padding beside the legs.

purplemama

After playing with DD in it a bit more, I think that this seat is just not going to work for her. She won't fit any better anytime soon, she's always been petite and I don't see her suddenly turning into a chunky monkey.

Back to the search for a seat for her.

skylinphoto

I really don't like the MR for my petite almost 4 yr old. She's 26 lbs and SKINNY...and she just didn't fit well. Mine is old enough not to slouch but I hear ya on the space between the crotch strap and the child.

Try the truefit. Much better fit for my petite dd.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

purplemama

I really don't like the MR for my petite almost 4 yr old. She's 26 lbs and SKINNY...and she just didn't fit well. Mine is old enough not to slouch but I hear ya on the space between the crotch strap and the child.

Try the truefit. Much better fit for my petite dd.

I hate continuous harnesses. I mean hate them. I can't use them at all, I'm totally inept. I'd love a TF if it just didn't have that continous harness.

Pretty sure I'm going to go with the RA50. I know it fits her.

featherhead

I hate continuous harnesses. I mean hate them. I can't use them at all, I'm totally inept. I'd love a TF if it just didn't have that continous harness.

Pretty sure I'm going to go with the RA50. I know it fits her.

Same here. I had a True Fit for a while, but I just did not like it.

Haley.h87

My small 2yo DD fits like a dream in her MR but only because she has a bit chunkier legs and a little booty on her ;). If she had skinny legs she wouldn't fit in the exact same way as your DD. Our MR is the same as the Resa but the more boyish cover, Preston maybe? When I got the seat 4 or so months ago she actually used the infant insert for a while but her legs were squished. She's only on the second from the bottom slots at 24months. What a bummer it's not working for your DD :-(

skylinphoto

Yeah, I use a radian for my dd now...I just didn't like the fit in the myride.

I will tell you that I use to have a RA50 for my dd and it fit her wonderfully. :)

purplemama

Yeah, I use a radian for my dd now...I just didn't like the fit in the myride.

I will tell you that I use to have a RA50 for my dd and it fit her wonderfully. :)

Yeah, I figured with 3.5 being the closest crotch strap position, we'd be good. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC