Two quick pics of noob in CCO

mkmama

E was wide awake after my appointment this morning, so I snapped two quick pics...warning: ahead lies an adorable noob in an adorable CCO :D

423654_10101251106798760_1953051_68712978_1094608619_n.jpg

429844_10101251107187980_1953051_68712979_1304510827_n.jpg

Reactions: Kac
ADS

mkmama

She's so cute! How are you liking the Coccoro for her?

I'm liking it...just not as much as I had hoped to at this point. I think I'll love it much more once she gets a bit bigger.

The infant support seems to push her head forward a bit, and just seems to kind of position her weird. I will definitely be taking it out when she hits 15 lbs and seeing how she fits without it.

Also, debating removing the strap covers...they're so long, it makes it kind of a pain to get the harness tight enough, because they're almost too long to get the harness tight enough and still have the chest clip in an appropriate spot. If she was any smaller I think I would have to remove them to get the harness tight enough.

Other than those two things, I really do like it...it is the only seat I have though that I loosen/tighten straps every time I put kid in/out of it, which is weird for me. The others all rode in seats that had continuous loop harnesses, or they were born in the summer when we didnt have to fiddle with fleece jackets for vehicle (and they were in the TF by the time we hit winter), so she's the first that I've ever adjusted harness for every single ride.

honeydew

She's adorable!

I thought the CCO manual stated that the strap covers are mandatory? Maybe I misread?

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
At the conference Louisa and i discussed the harness covers with Combi. She said that you are to scrunch them up until the chest clip is in the appropriate location. The harness was still plenty tight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

mkmama

She's adorable!

I thought the CCO manual stated that the strap covers are mandatory? Maybe I misread?

I thought the same thing originally...double-checked my manual yesterday (a momma can hope ;) ) and it does indeed say that they are optional. :D

At the conference Louisa and i discussed the harness covers with Combi. She said that you are to scrunch them up until the chest clip is in the appropriate location. The harness was still plenty tight.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Yeah, that's what we're doing now, is scrunching them up...but its such a pain to make sure the harness is truly tight, especially with a breastfeeding noob who thinks she needs to nurse every time mommy's hand is up next to her face ;)

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The rep has also said that the infant insert can be removed as long as the baby fits properly without it. Mine fit fine at birth without it. I took it out because it pushed his butt up, which caused his body to push into his head (so rather than head-slump, we had body-lift, but the idea was similar). I wound up putting the insert back in once he got a little bigger just because I like it :)

Cute baby!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC