More pics of my middle row delimma

glockchick

GN next to TB. Fits just fine, but it's very hard to buckle and unbuckle.
5994b9d2.jpg

Almost no space next to it. I don't think she could even undo this by herself.
03ba6ac4.jpg

Maestro next to TB. Fits well as well. Still hard to buckle, but not as bad as the FR or GN. (Yes, those are aftermarket strap covers. I made them. They're two layers of flannel and no thicker than a flannel shirt. I am making the parental decision to use them if I keep this seat.)
55906cb8.jpg

She probably can't buckle it, but I'm sure she could unbuckle.
fd79acc4.jpg

Both install easily. In looking at my manual, I see that Evenflo changed "should use as a booster if you can't use the tether" to "strongly encourage you to use the tether if using the 5 pt harness". I'm paraphrasing, but that's basically it which is what all car seat manufacturers recommend. So now I'm more confused. :p

ADS

glockchick

Thanks. :eek: I whipped them up yesterday morning out of some scraps I had left over from my 12 year old's pajama pants. I was thrilled I had fabric that matched.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Can you use a different booster?

ETA: You know what? I think you could probably fit that Frontier I see in the background next to the GN.

ripley

What is the difference in the width of the Nautilus and the Maestro? I am trying to work a tight 3 across and these are 2 seats I am considering. Thanks.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
excuse me if this has been discussed but what is wrong with the back right seat? Is their a seat there that I can't see?

If not I would put the mastero or nautilus there and leave the booster where its at or vice versa

glockchick

What is the difference in the width of the Nautilus and the Maestro? I am trying to work a tight 3 across and these are 2 seats I am considering. Thanks.

They're about the same width overall, but the Maestro has more open space at the back. I was able to puzzle it with a FR 85 in the same space.

excuse me if this has been discussed but what is wrong with the back right seat? Is their a seat there that I can't see?

If not I would put the mastero or nautilus there and leave the booster where its at or vice versa

There's a backless booster there. :)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Do you have locking or sliding latchplates? If sliding, it would be simple to leave the booster buckled and have her go under the belt. Locking latchplates make that hard, though.

glockchick

Sliding, but the geometry makes it a PITB to do. I'll have her try it Friday when she comes home from her dad's.

glockchick

Can you use a different booster?

ETA: You know what? I think you could probably fit that Frontier I see in the background next to the GN.

Tried that. It works great until I try to flip the 3rd seat up or slide it forward to allow entry into the 3rd row. That's as far as she'll go.

1ea5cf24.jpg

Yes, I know. I'm difficult. :p

aym4Him

LOVE those strap covers!! I wish I could sew... I'll ask my MIL to sew a couple for DS if he starts complaining about them rubbing his neck.

I have a question about the Maestro that I haven't been able to find the answer to. Can the harness straps come out from under the attached pillow or does the pillow have to be higher than where the straps come out of the seat? Does that make sense?

DS has ridden in the seat 3x (once for 1 hr and then to and from school). He hasn't complained about the pillow bugging him but I have noticed some ppl have removed it. Should I just take it out?

glockchick

I have no idea. I didn't see anything about it in the manual. It wasn't in the right position for DS so I took it out. I think it would only work for a really little kid.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Ok I see now that makes since...I saw in your other thread that the frontier plays nicely with the maestro...so why not just leave the frontier there and put the two booster riders in the back?

glockchick

Because Kaleigh next to anyone is never a good idea. :ROTFLMAO: I spend the whole trip going "Kaleigh, don't mess with him" "Kaleigh don't mess with his seat either" "No, he doesn't want to play that game"..... ;)

It took me forever to figure out the combination where they could ride the most calmly, and this is it. I'd rather not mess with it if I don't absolutely have to.

Also, I can't tether the Maestro and we know the GN does well with a lap belt only and no tether. Plus CJ says he likes green better. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC