Struggling

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
My youngest is RFing in a BV70, he still has 2" above his head and is only 33lbs. He is 3yrs 4months, I really wanted to make it to 4 years rfing, but a least to the end of April when we are out of the winter weather. But I'm struggling. I had shoulder surgery in October and it is just not getting better. It is very painful for me to lift him into his seat, so he has been climbing in, but he either gets one of his legs stuck under himself, twists the straps, gets the straps stuck behind him ect so 99% of the time I have to lift him up and get him correctly situated in the seat. I am willing to deal with that. But for the past 2 months every time he is in his seat he complains about his little boy parts. He has been complaining other times too, like when first waking up. I don't think he has a UTI as he says it doesn't hurt when he goes. We are going to the Dr. tomorrow.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to make it more comfortable for him? What would you do? I really wish I had went with the TFP, but at the time I purchased the BV70 he was on a huge growth spurt and I really thought he's be closer to 35lbs by now.

ADS

wildeyes

honestly, i flipped dd2 when she was about the same size/age. she made it to a week before her 4th birthday, but only 31 lbs. the reason i flipped her? i bought the new radians for the new baby (who needs to come the heck on out already) and had the old seats out in oct to vacuum out my car, and wanted to play with the new seats. plus she was ff in my moms car and kept asking to ride in that car so she could see.

pat yourself on the back, you did AWESOME for rf'g as long as you did, and flip him.

T4K

Are you planning on FFing in the BV? It sounds like your child is small enough to FF in the radian for some time. You could buy a Radian, RF it for now and FF it when the time comes.

If that's not an option, you can flip him. You did a good job :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
At his age I think I would just turn him ff'ing. You've done great keeping him rf'ing this long, and he will be safe in a properly use and installed ff'ing seat. I think that reducing your pain is very important, and with his age, I really wouldn't stress over turning him ff'ing.

Pat yourself on the back and take it easy on yourself. I hope you're feeling better soon.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Car seat issues aside, little boys will sometime complain about their boy parts when they first start noticing erections.

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Thanks ladies. The doctor said it looked irritated but not infected and suggested he start wearing boxers instead of undies. Guess it's time to search for teeny tiny boxers. I switched his BV70 with the RA50 in my car and put it in RFing I'll see if he complains, but so far it is WAY easier for me to get him in! I may make it to April yet! But if he starts complaining again I may go ahead and turn him. Once I do I'll probably use the BV70 ffing until brother is ready to pass down the FN85, or I'll get another FN85 :)

Thank you again!

henrietta

At his age I think I would just turn him ff'ing. You've done great keeping him rf'ing this long, and he will be safe in a properly use and installed ff'ing seat. I think that reducing your pain is very important, and with his age, I really wouldn't stress over turning him ff'ing.

Pat yourself on the back and take it easy on yourself. I hope you're feeling better soon.

That!

I had to turn my oldest at about that age for a bit, b/c I was having a baby...and then had bedrest and a c-section...it just had to be done for a while. He went back rf'ing later for the few months left that he fit...and then turned ff'ing for good.

Feel better!

henrietta

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC