Question Suggestions for convertible carseat

U

Unregistered

Hello,

My daughter Gianna is nearing the height limits of her infant carseat. Gianna is 12 months old, almost 30 inches, and is 16lbs 10 oz.

Do others have suggestions for the safest rear/forward facing convertible seat that we could move her into? From our research so far, we are leaning towards the Britax Boulevard, but if there are others better for her build also rated highly for safety, we are happy to consider.

Thanks in advance for your advice

ADS
U

Unregistered

Convertible car seat suggestions

Woops, I forgot to include my car make and model in my last posting, so I am reposting now.

I was recommended to this forum by a friend. My daughter Gianna is nearing the height limits of her infant carseat. Gianna is 12 months old, almost 30 inches, and is 16lbs 10 oz.

Do others have suggestions for the safest rear/forward facing convertible seat that we could move her into? From our research so far, we are leaning towards the Britax Boulevard, but if there are others better for her build also rated highly for safety, we are happy to consider.

We have a Subaru outback and only have one baby so far, so she is currently in the center of the back seat, rear facing.

Thanks in advance for your advice

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Britax isn't on my top 5 convertible picks anymore. It was 4-5y ago (last time I bought a convertible). There are many seats out there that will last longer and cost less. All seats on the market pass the same testing, so we can't say a britax is any safer then a cosco scerena. I will say that britax has a good marketing department. Companies can say whatever they want about SIP or how much better there seat is, but they don't have to prove anything.

My top 5 seats - in no special order -
Graco Myride65 - rf to 40#, ff to 65#
Evenflo triumph65 - rf to 40#,ff to 65#
Safety1st complete air or maxi cosi pria - very similar seats - both made by dorel - rf to 40#, ff to 50 or 65# (depends on seat)
First years truefit - rf to 35#, ff to 65#
Sunshine kids/diono radian - rf to 40 or 45#, ff to 65 or 80#, new version turns into a booster, but not very promising as a booster.

U

Unregistered

Thanks Stefanie for these suggestions. Do you or others also have suggestions in particular for models that are good for my daughter's build (i.e. she is way more likely to outgrow height limitations, is thin and has a long torso) and for our particular car (subaru outback)?

featherhead

She sounds fairly small. If I were you I would go to TRU or some other store that has different seats, and try her in them. At her size the Boulevard would probably last her quite a while. A seat like the Radian would probably be overkill (unless you want to rear-face her till she's 6 :D)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC