Ford E-350 help!!

Chris

We are borrowing a friends E-350 for a trip with family. The owners couldn't tell me the year :confused:. I am guessing it is between 2000 and 2007?? I do know it is 15 passenger, shoulder belts outboard, lap in the middle, no headrests. Can anyone tell me the probable locations of the Latch anchors and Tether anchors? I am taking a Nautilus, Ftontier 80, and Blvd 70 (rf). The rear 4 passenger bench has been removed, but from what I understand carseats *shouldn't* go back there.

We will have 8 passengers for the long part of the drive and 10 for the in town stretches at our destination. I would like to put all three carseats in the lap belt positions to prevent anyone else from sitting there. Just not sure if that leaves the people on either side squished or not? The frontier must be tethered due to weight, I would really prefer to tether the Nautilus, and I can use the D-ring to tether the blvd but need to know if that is ok to do on teh leg of one of the benches or not.

I won't get the van until the night before we leave so will have limited time to work out our seating configuration and I kind of doubt it has the manual. I appreciate any help in figuring out the best possible options or links if info on this van has already been covered (couldn't find much on it).

ADS

Keeanh

They should be able to give you the model year. It's on their service records & insurance. And the DOM is on the sticker on one of the front doors. If you have the model year, you can get a lot of manuals here: https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/owners_manuals/default.asp

I know the 2004 has tether anchors for all front bench positions, and in the middle of the other 3-p benches. LATCH should be in all middle positions. The 2008 is a dream with anchors for every single position except the middle 2 seats of the 4-p bench!

Chris

I know they have the info somewhere, but they are older and the whole carseat thing and why I want the info is beyond them...

I *think* it is probably pre-2008. I read somewhere on here that the tether anchors are not totally obvious. Can you tell me what I am looking for?

Keeanh

They should be metal tabs sticking out of the back of the seat. Pull up an owner's manual on that website I gave you. There's an illustration there.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC