Which backup booster would you choose?

kam1011

For a very tall 5yo who is already even with the belt guide on the TB at its highest setting... Parkway, Monterey, or Vivo? Which is the easiest to transport between vehicles/my upstairs closet and easiest for other people to use? (Although my 5yo is just as bad as I am and she coaches everyone she rides with, so I'm not too concerned there.) It needs to work in vehicles without head support. I'm ready to buy, but I keep changing my mind!

ADS

lukensophie

Senior Community Member
I believe the Monterrey is the tallest (my 4'7" DD is still using the back, although I believe that may end before too long). However, the Monterrey is a heavy booster and is a beast.

emandbri

What about the pro booster? It is wider than the pro booster and I'm pretty sure it is taller than the vivo, lighter than the monterey, and it is one piece so it wouldn't fall apart like the monterey does when you move it from car to car.

I really like mine except that it tips when my son falls asleep in it. Honestly, if it was latchable it very well might be the perfect booster.

HEVY

PWSG or PWSGL.
Or since it's a back-up, maybe a RSTV? Depending on how low the head support is. I know if I put my DD in a van without a headrest this wouldn't work, but if I put her in the average car it would.

noahsmom24

I personally like the PW SG, it's 9. something lbs and pretty easily transportable, although I will say when I'm using the handle the bottom part of the seat wan'ts to fall (not off) just fall making the entire seat go STRAIGHT. This is a pain for me because I am only 5'2" so I have to raise the seat up more to keep it from touching the ground, or I just use two hands. But it is light & the SG clip really does make me feel a little better about boostering, We've used it 2-3times in S/O's 04 silverado and I liked the fit and its pretty simple to use as well.
I dont have any experience with the Monterey, This would be a seat I would choose if I plan for it to stay in one place. Since me packing seats back and forth is something I've done with a HEAVY Beast of a seat (regent) and it was NOT fun.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I'd go with Parkway. My DBK is crazy tall too (5 feet tall at almost 9 years old). She went into a Parkway when she outgrew the Regent at 6. For portability, I love the Vivo and the X-fit for my child, but they're WAY not tall enough for a kid that size (my DD is on like the 3rd from the bottom "clicks" of the Turbo, lol)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC