Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Carseat Crazy

Question Diono R100 or R120?

Is it worth the extra money to get the R120 diono seat over the r100? I know their weight limits are different, but I assume the seat would be outgrown by height before weight anyway.

I do have another little one on the way, but he will be in a keyfit for the first year (or as close to a year as possible) so will the infant padding on the R120 be worthless for an older baby?

THANKS! I'm trying to fit three across so I'm going to go ahead and order the seat from walmart so I can easily return the seat if it doesn't work out for us.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Diono R100 or R120?

i have super skinny kids, so i went with the 100, but if you have other kids, and they are closer to normal, i might go with the 120. my kids are just SUPER skinny and i didnt see the point of the extra weight in the harness.

the other consideration is the rf weight limit difference. the 120 goes to 45lbs rf and the 100 only to 40. again, depends on how big your kids are.

but really, wither way, its likely to be outgrown by height first anyway. then it comes down to your budget.
    Amanda, Owner at A Winter's Gift
    DD1 10/01, 90 lbs, 5-steppin'
    DD2 11/07, 46 lbs, HHB. ERF'd till age 4
    DS1 02/12, 36lbs, FF in RadianR100,

Senior Community Member VoodooChile's Avatar
    Different cover options too.
    Dd 10/2005--Incognito
    Ds 3/2009--Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro, Clek Oobr

CPS Fanatic

Re: Diono R100 or R120?

I'd go witht he R120 because if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a seat I want the extra 5lbs for rf plus I would want a red cover.

I haven't tried them but I've been trying to decide what to order for DD2. I don't see any need for her for anything beyond the R100.Like you, I just don't ever have my kids utilize the higher weight limits on harnesses even with tall harnesses. Logic out the window though, I am drooling over the Cobalt RXT. That's a big price difference for a different cover though since I don't really care about the headwings. I did see some posts explaining the infant padding can be used as a head pillow for older kids. It looked nice for traveling. It would depend on the deals if that would be worth the cost to me. Oh, that cobalt blue though...
    ~Shannon
    DD (11.5) Seatbelt; DS (9) Incognito; DD2 (7) Britax Parkway; DD3 (4.5) Graco Nautilus