How to booster train in this situation?

ILoveMy3Boys

I figure I'll probably start booster training my twins in 12 to 15 months. Their elementary school is half of a mile from our house and I figured to and from would be the start of our training. Here is the issue. They are in FR85s and I have 4 kids. There are two available seats left in my Expedition but I seriously doubt I'd be able to fit HBB in both seats. Does this mean that I'm going to have to constantly be re-installing their seats? If so can I leave the harness in or do I have to take that on and off each time as well?

ADS

Dmcj13

We have pushed the harness to the side in our Nauti to use it in booster mode, I dont see were it poses a problem

NannyMom

Unfortunately, with the FR85 you have to move the recline block for harness vs booster modes. Can you just leave the booster in and only put the FR85s in for long drives?

ILoveMy3Boys

Judi might know if there is a HBB that could fit between their FR85s in the third row. The only other thing I've considered is booster training them one at a time because the second row is wider. I think a HBB would fit fine next to DS3's FR85 in that row. We just spend a lot of time on a highway so I'm going to want to harness them every time we go to town which is 3-5 times a week. :thumbsdown:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Holy cow, with the FR85s back there, I don't see a booster also fitting. I am all for the one at a time thing, especially since I kinda know these two. ;)

ILoveMy3Boys

LoL Uhh yeah, this far into it and I still have to remember they might be the same age but they mature at a different rate. So I guess when the time comes I'll put a booster next to DS3's seat but have DS1 ride in it to and from school and put DS3 in one of their seats and then have DS2 ride in the HBB in the second row.

Kac

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I believe that you need to remove the harness for the GN & FR85 when in booster mode.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC