Radian angle adjuster marks on my vehicle seat

tl01

Here's a pic of the marks the angle adjuster is leaving on my vehicle seat. It had only been installed this time for about a week. I'm not pleased. I think I'm going to request a new one. Our weather hasn't even been hot. What will happen in the summer time?

920116bd.jpg

ADS

wildeyes

ewww is that foam melt???

when you call see if you can maybe put some paper towel underneath it....

tl01

ewww is that foam melt???

when you call see if you can maybe put some paper towel underneath it....

Yep... It's the foam. I was thinking of asking if I could put something in between. I'll ask about a paper towel.

msg221

Yikes! I can only imagine what will happen with that during Phoenix summers! I will only be using my angle adjuster when we are watching Chase (which will actually be next weekend). I also don't have leather seats, so I won't have to worry about it, but I can imagine what a mess that might be after months of 100+ degree days out here!

kidzndogz

Yeah I guess a receiving blanket or something would work. But damn, just another layer to add to the Radian Sandwich to get it to work right.

laurengt

My angle adjuster hasn't arrived yet but I'm glad I have dark gray leather seats so if it leaves marks they won't show too much. Bummer though -- the things we go through to keep out kids safe! :0)

tam_shops

I'd use a tea towel or a receiving blanket (no idea on safety) I'm talking durability and thickness of the fabric to protect your seats.

I would not use a paper towel b/c if it gets wet (rain/snow/shoes/drink) it'll dissolve and then you'll think you're protected when you're not. I'd also worry that the paper towel would wear away from rubbing/movement that occurs.

Does the foam wash or wipe away when you use a wet washcloth?

I have fabric seats so not sure if that'd be better or worse, not impressed about this though....

tam

canadiangie

Had to explain this to some parents today. Didn't really like having to suggest a thin rec'ing blanket on the seat because, as Alica said, it's just another condiment in the Radian sandwich. Sigh...

OP, I hope it's ok that I saved your image onto my ipad2. (please let me know)

tl01

It comes off when I use a wet wash cloth and my fingernail. I don't want to scrape the seat clean much more though.

I'm going to call Diono tomorrow. I'll update with what they say. Hopefully my adjuster is just defective. I don't like adding another layer to the sandwich either so I'll probably try the new one without anything first.

Canadiangie, of course you can use the photo;).

jnamommy

Woderful. I have an angle adjuster on my parents' leather seats. But I haven't taken it out since I installed it a couple of weeks ago. Guess I better check it.

Let us know if you have a defective one, or if foam melt is going to be expected.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC