Parkway SG vs SGL

glockchick

Is there any difference other than the LATCH and patterns?

I'm considering one for Abigail when she outgrows the height on her TB. My truck doesn't have LATCH so I don't need the SGL if there's no difference between the two other than that.

ADS

NannyMom

The arm rests are higher on one of them, making the lap belt fit different. But, I don't remember which is higher and which is lower. I just remember it coming up when the IIHS best boosters came out and one was on there and the other wasnt.

momtoo3

Ds3 had both and the fit was WAY better in the PWSG. The new shoulder belt guides in the SGL made the belt sit at the edge of his shoulder and the lap belt was too high. I constantly had to tell him to sit straight and get the belt back on his shoulder in the SGL. The only thing that was better was the SG clip but for a girl I wouldn't think it would matter. Ds only complained once about it in the SG and I just let him take it off since the belt fit was good. He needed the clip in the SGL to hold the belt down.

Here are some comparison pics. In the ones of ds2 sleeping in the SGL the headrest is in the correct position for him sitting properly, he would just get slouchy when sleeping in the SGL but not in the SG.

PWSG winter early 2011, 5.5 yrs old and about 46 pounds, 47 inches. He was turning towards me a little so the shoulder belt seems a little off.
IMG_20101230_114545-2.jpg

PWSG Fall 2011 6 years, 3 months 50 pounds, 48 inches (when measured in June.)
DSC06941-1.jpg

PWSGL. 6 yrs 50 lbs, 48 inches
126-1.jpg

132.jpg

PWSGL 6 yrs 3 months
010-2-1.jpg

He only used the SGL those times pictured in our truck and I sold it to get something else because he was so slouchy and I wasn't happy with the belt fit.

momtoo3

I never compared the seats side by side, just by fit but there was a definite difference. Just like old and new Montereys.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Wish I had read this before purchasing the SGL. Tried ds in the SG at a local store and the fit was great. I ordered the SGL online because I assumed fit would be similar and I wanted LATCH. I am not happy with the fit at all. Lap belt is fine but the shoulder belt just sits WAY too close to the edge of his shoulder. I thought the arm rests on the SGL were lower and were supposed to help the fit. I'm bummed. Too late to send it back and am just not liking it at all. DS loves it but guessing I will try to sell it locally and buy something different.

If only the MOnterey didn't have the belt falling out of the belt guides issue. I'd buy it in a heartbeat otherwise.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC