My husband is gonna kill me.

mollysw

I just ordered DD a Diono R120.

We have 1 14 month old, 2 vehicles, and this will be her 4th seat lol.
We have the TFP in his car, a Scenera as a back up seat and a MR in our main car. I'm sick of bumping her head against the top of the car though so this justifies needing a new seat. Plus I've always wanted a Radian:D

Anyone know how well they fit in a 2010 Equinox/Terrain?

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Shoot, only your 4th? You've got some catching up to do! ;)

I'm not sure about your specific car, but I have a 2011 Traverse and the Radian touches the front seat when installed outboard, at least driver side. I've read on here that is a no-no, but nothing in the manual that I can find says that it's prohibited. I can get in the center too, but prefer it outboard.

glockchick

I refuse to count how many seats I have right now. :eek:. In, my defense I have 6 kids, 4 in some sort of seat AND I'm in flux figuring out what I want CJ in. ;) Some will soon be on the chopping block.

ETA: I counted. 10 and 2 on the way. /blush But no husband to worry about. :ROTFLMAO:

Last edited:

hrice

I have 3 kids, 22 seats and just bought a clearance Maestro today. DH doesn't know I bought it.

MorgieBear'sMama

hrice said:
I have 3 kids, 22 seats and just bought a clearance Maestro today. DH doesn't know I bought it.

You are my idol!

I don't feel so bad now for feeling the need to have 4 sets of seats for each kid. That would only give me 12 :cool:

mollysw

2 kids, 6 seats, 1 car! LOL

I wouldn't tell him, he may not even notice...or I'd sell one.

tam

Oh he will definitely notice! I never had luck selling seats. I like to have extras anyway so I can install them in anyone's car that might be watching her. I don't trust anyone else to put in a seat correctly.

mollysw

Shoot, only your 4th? You've got some catching up to do! ;)

I'm not sure about your specific car, but I have a 2011 Traverse and the Radian touches the front seat when installed outboard, at least driver side. I've read on here that is a no-no, but nothing in the manual that I can find says that it's prohibited. I can get in the center too, but prefer it outboard.

I like her outboard too. I think I read that GM allows bracing. I'm not sure if the Traverse and Terrain have the same type of seats or not.

thepote

Yeah - seats happen :D

People ask me for recommendations about convertible seats and I give them the top 5 or so that get recommended around here... they ask me what I have and it's not one of those five and I have to explain that I go through seats and I don't just buy one that will last the longest, I buy what I think would be fun to play with and comfy for her right.this.minute :love:

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
Oh, and FWIW, I have 3 kids in seats and currently have 11 seats. I've also given 5 to my dd for 2 of her kids...2 of which were bought new for her baby...the others were hand me downs. ;)

:eek:Wow, some of you have a lot of seats! We have one in my hubby's truck and one in my Ody and that is all. We still have her infant seat, but that is going to expire eventually (hopefully not before we have another, but if so that means I get to go shopping) I sold our boosters last year (from our 11yr old) :)

So do you use all those seats? And how do you afford it? (not getting personal, just curious) I freakout spending 200$+ on a seat and her safety is my utmost concern. I'm such a cheapskate :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC