How do you feel about a child riding in a Scenera with no cover?

EmmaCPST

CPST Instructor
Not my kid, obviously... I just can't decide what I want to say about this particular situation. Kid is 3, FF.

ADS

mama2girls

It always seems weird to me when people use seats without covers. Doesn't it look uncomfortable to sit your kid on plastic? Could her cover be repaired? I think I would be worried if you told her it needs a cover that she's go get some after-market cover for it.

tiggercat

Nope, sorry. A seat needs to have all of it's parts to work properly, including it's cover. Some covers have foam and/or padding in them, and really it's a part of the seat. In an emergency, my kid threw up the nastiest ick ever and I need to get her home, ok. For no good reason? Why take a risk?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

jenfrogmom

I have seen quite a few people in my hometown without covers on there seat. It is wierd, That has got to be uncomfortable!

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Nope, sorry. A seat needs to have all of it's parts to work properly, including it's cover. Some covers have foam and/or padding in them, and really it's a part of the seat. In an emergency, my kid threw up the nastiest ick ever and I need to get her home, ok. For no good reason? Why take a risk?

Sent from my iPod touch using Car-Seat.Org

:yeahthat:

Pixels

Well, the cover has one of the federally required labels on it. Plus who knows how it might affect crash performance. Maybe not at all, but maybe it would.

It's not as alarming as it would be on a seat with foam, since kids have been known to pull chunks of foam off, posing a choking hazard. But still, it should have its cover.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Yeah, not something I'd be ok with. We just don't know how much it affects crash performance- but we know that it does in at least some cases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC