Fit help?

alake

Anyone know of a seat that will do three across in a Chevy 3500 silverado? I have my two girls forward facing in prosports, and needing something rear facing. It doesn't need to be an infant carrier, but something to fit a newborn? I would honestly prefer non infant carrier.

ADS

Dorothy

So many things will fit in that pickup. :) Since you have two big seats already, I'd recommend a Radian. It is the narrowest, and it will be the longest-lasting. When baby gets older and has good head control, you can get an angle adjuster to get the Radian more upright.

If you don't like the Radian, a seat on a base, like a MyRide or Britax, might puzzle, but I don't know how high the ProSport sides are. HTH

ETA- There are quite a few new seats out. Hopefully some others will have a wider variety of suggestions.

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Lenae

:yeahthat: Pickups are very wide across the backseat, making three across relatively easy. I've never seen a ProSport, so I don't know how high the sides are or exactly how wide it is. But if it were me, I'd go with a RN. Here's why.

It's narrow and pretty much guaranteed to fit.
It will most likely fit a newborn.
It tethers RF, which is a feature important to me in a pickup because I worry about rebounding in the rear window. I don't think everyone worries about that, but I do.

A new generation MA/BV/whatever, will also tether RF and should fit a newborn with the new inserts they have, but I don't like the lack of legroom. However, that's just my personal thing, and not even something you'd have to worry about for probably 2 years.

Does the CCO allow RF tether? If it did, I'd also definitely consider that one, it might even be my first choice.

alake

:yeahthat: Pickups are very wide across the backseat, making three across relatively easy. I've never seen a ProSport, so I don't know how high the sides are or exactly how wide it is. But if it were me, I'd go with a RN. Here's why.

It's narrow and pretty much guaranteed to fit.
It will most likely fit a newborn.
It tethers RF, which is a feature important to me in a pickup because I worry about rebounding in the rear window. I don't think everyone worries about that, but I do.

A new generation MA/BV/whatever, will also tether RF and should fit a newborn with the new inserts they have, but I don't like the lack of legroom. However, that's just my personal thing, and not even something you'd have to worry about for probably 2 years.

Does the CCO allow RF tether? If it did, I'd also definitely consider that one, it might even be my first choice.

I don't know about tethering, but I really like the CCO, and the flash set up. We will continue flying quite often, so having something easy to use like that on planes, and for traveling is what I like. My four year old, would still fit forward facing in one. She is 35 pounds, but quite short.
I haven't started looking at seats yet, but really didn't want to buy a new vehicle. I have only ever had my two in my truck, and have never tried to put a third seat in. My truck is to pull our fifth wheel, when we travel, but I didn't want to think about replacing it. You have made me less panicky.

cupcakepirate11

My vote is for the cocorro but mainly because it is so cute. The flash stroller is also a great addition for travel.

I do believe you can rear tether the cocorro as per what the car seat lady says using the Swedish style (seat belt install) or you can order a tether kit from combi

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC