how do you carry radian in airport?

vamom

I am planning on using the radian on our next flight and I am wondering the best way to transport it in the airport. I will have ds (4.5) in his maclaren, a carry on, and luggage to check. I was thinking radian bag, some other bag, radian carry straps, some other straps, what do you all suggust?

Thanks

ADS

natysr

I don't have a radian, but if I were you, I'd ditch the stroller for a 4 1/2 year old and buy him a kid sized wheeled carry-on for his activities. Giving him a responsibility of carrying his own bag should give him something to focus on which should gain more cooperation from him and you will have one less item to push/deal with/get through security.

I'd probably just get the radia carry strap if I didn't find the seat to heavy to carry that way. If I thought it was too heavy, I'd probably strap it to a luggage cart w/ some bungie cords. and wheel it around.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Well... having recently lugged a MA through five airports, I have a different suggestion! Put the Radian in the stroller if you're going to have it with you anyway... :D And your son can walk and pull his little carry-on that Natalie mentioned above. DS had a little wheeled suitcase, but we didn't carry it onboard. So I had activity stuff and too many other things hanging on my shoulders or in my hands. :rolleyes:

Another option would be a GoGo BabyZ. Their website says it works for a Radian 65, so I'm assuming it works for a Radian 80 as well. That's my plan next time, since I don't have all wheeled carry-on luggage. :)

2bugsmom

We just did this with a radian and a maclaran. I sat my dd in the stroller and then attached the carry strap to the radian and hung it on the back. Then wore my backpack etc. It worked well. She didn't want to ride in the stroller coming home in the airport so she walked and the carseat sat in the stroller. the hardest part is getting through security with all of it, then its fine

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I agree that I would get the 4.5 yr old to walk. If the Maclaren reclines, I would recline it and pile the Radian and carry-on into the seat.

This is what we did with out Maclaren double... Radian & Carry-on on one side, 4.5 yr old on other side, dh carrying luggage, and pulling 20 month old in MA using GoGo Kidz.

If we had two Radians, the 2 yr old goes in the stroller and the 5 yr old walks pulling the carry-on. Both Radians gets folded and piled in the empty stroller seat.

vamom

DS has sensory issues and developmental delays, so the stroller is a must for him. It helps him feel calm and safe. No crying. no melt downs, no running, no running over people, no wondering off - more then worth the hassle of pushing. He does have a wheeled kid bag, but that would be a disaster. I think I might experiment with attaching the radian to my wheeled carry on. I will also try attaching it to the mac - did you buy the carry strap for that, or rig something?
Thanks

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
The Radian Strap actually works very well. The 80 came with it so I didn't have to buy it separate.My car Broke down the other day and left me and DD5yo to walk to find a phone and call my brother to come get us. I wasn't about to take her in his car with out the Radian, so it had to come with us. I just folded it and put the strap on (diagnally across the back of the seat) and it was fine. I little on the heavy side, but not to bulky and the weight was distributed well. It was no worst than carrying a baby in back pack carrier. The strap is actually well padded and about 4 inches wide, so it didn't cut into my shoulder or anything. SInce then I just install the seat wiith the strap in place.

Kimberly

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I have the bag. What I don't like about it is that it barely fits. You gotta put it in the right direction. Don't ask me which way that is, I am still confused!

BudgieStew

I got the bag but next flight will ditch the bag for just the carry straps(if I can find them to buy) since we bring it on board and use it.

I had it in the bag over my shoulder.DD on my back in the Patapum. DS in an umbrella stroller and the diaper bag and purse over the handles. That was after I checked my luggage though. I had DH to help me out until security.

Its a total PITA to get it back in the bag after the flight is over. The first flight was a turn around and a flight attendant and I struggled to get it in the bag.There is only one way to get it and it even then its a tight fit.
The open side of the Radian goes facing the writing on the bag if I recall. And you really have to work hard to get it folded well. I just ended up undoing the harness to get it folded as small as possible.

She even asked the cleaning crew to help then a employee grabbed it and my stroller and pushed it to the baggage claim area since we were holding things up:eek: So if you plan on checking it use the bag otherwise just use the straps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC