GoGo Kidz Cart questions

meredith1851

What is the best way to get it through secuirty for US flights? Do we need to remove our son and put it through xray? Do we need to remove the carseat itself?

Also, is it true that you can leave it attached to the carseat while in flight instead of storing it in the overhead bin? Do you need to remove the wheels?

ADS

DaniannieB

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure you will need to take your child out of the car seat for security. If the car seat will fit through the scanner w/ the gogokidz you may be able to leave it on. Hopefully someone else has some experience with that.

You can leave the gogokidz on for the flight; however, I believe you get a better install if you take them off and stow them for the flight. At one point I think the gogokidz also allowed for removal of the wheels, so you could just remove the wheels and then put them back on. If you already have the gogokidz, you could play around with all this and see how much time it takes you to take off and put on the entire cart and/or just the wheels (if your model allows).

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You will need to remove your son through security. It has varied wether their want to Gogo off, wheels do pop off though. On the plane wheels off, might not work to leave on if you are rear facing though....

morninglori

I've flown a bunch with the gogokidz.

When travelling with the gogokidz, my seats have not fit through xray, so they've just treated the seat and wheels as a stroller and wanded/swiped the whole thing.

Kid has to be out of the seat going through security.

I have removed the wheels on-board and stowed the wheels under the seat in front. I usually put my carry-on over the wheels so they don't slide around. I have the ratcheting type of attachment for the ggk, so it makes getting it on and off very easy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC