My new SecureKid 300 *pics*

firemomof3

I ordered a SK300 from walmart and got it today :D I got it because I was curious and I was expecting to not really like it...well I'm keeping it! :thumbsup:
Here is what I think:
Its nice and lightweight (nice change from the Regent :rolleyes:)
The headrest is easy to move up/down
Harness adjustor is smooth as butta!
2 cupholders are awesome
The tether strap is very short but not an issue in my vehicle
Harness length is quite short...definitely could be problematic with a bigger child
Generous crotch room which is important :p
Nice leg support
I'm not sure if ds will have head slump when sleeping, time will tell.
Installing it with either latch or seatbelt was easy peesy :love:
In booster mode the SK300 provided a good fit for all 3 of my kids BUT I didn't like the belt guide for the shoulder belt. It was just a short plastic hook in which you route the shoulder belt through :confused: And it wouldn't allow the belt to retract when my dd2 leaned forward :(

Now for pics!
Its a nice looking seat
IMG_0186.jpg

Short tether
IMG_0187.jpg

Seatbelt install in 06 Sedona
IMG_0188.jpg

DS in his new seat. Please excuse the chocolate faces, I had to bribe my kids for pics :eek: The harness was on the 2nd to top slots but I think I need to move him up to the top slots :( For comparison, he is on the 2nd to top slot in his Regent
IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0196.jpg

*The seat is NOT installed in this pic, it will be installed correctly before ds rides in it*
IMG_0197.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

Dorothy

Cool! Thanks. :)

Is it my imagination, or does the headrest seem better on the 300 than the 400? It just doesn't look like it is pushing their heads forward as much as in the 400 thread pics. Maybe just wishful thinking...

Sent from my phone using the app :)

Hello is the harness up to 65lbs?? I have been shopping for about 3 months for a booster for my Husbands truck. Ick. Price and safety are a huge thing. Im leaning towards the GN, but Im open to other options. :confused:

sharsachan

how long is the tether strap on it, if you have a chance to measure it??? i am seriously considering this for my son when he turns 4 but my tether anchor is not directly behind the seat since its an SUV and it'd be in the 3rd row....does anyone know if evenflo sell longer tethers if it doesn't reach??

firemomof3

how long is the tether strap on it, if you have a chance to measure it??? i am seriously considering this for my son when he turns 4 but my tether anchor is not directly behind the seat since its an SUV and it'd be in the 3rd row....does anyone know if evenflo sell longer tethers if it doesn't reach??

I'll measure it for you today. But Evenflo will send you a longer tether strap if you need one, its even in the manual :)

momtoo3

Hello is the harness up to 65lbs?? I have been shopping for about 3 months for a booster for my Husbands truck. Ick. Price and safety are a huge thing. Im leaning towards the GN, but Im open to other options. :confused:

Welcome! Yes, the seat does go to 65 pounds but some that have tried the seat have said the harness is short and would most likely NOT get a child to 65 pounds. The top slots being about 18 inches are overgrown when the child's shoulders are above the slots. It is rare to have a seat actually fit until 65 pounds unless you have a short or short torsoed child. The GN has slots that are 18-18.5 inches depending on the model so it is comparable but may have a bigger harness to fit a larger kid. The Britax Frontier 85 has the highest harness slots of the available combination seats (harness to booster.) It really just depends on the build of your child, how old your child is and how long you will harness before boostering.

firemomof3

Oh Thank you :)
The tether strap is 35" long. I moved ds up to the top slots today and he only has about 4" of harness left :eek:

yetanotherjen

CPST Instructor
Is is wider than the Maestro? I have a friend who is having her 3rd child, owns a Corrolla and can't afford a new car, I have been crossing my fingers that this with a CCO and a lightrider will work!

firemomof3

Is is wider than the Maestro? I have a friend who is having her 3rd child, owns a Corrolla and can't afford a new car, I have been crossing my fingers that this with a CCO and a lightrider will work!

I think the cup holders stick out more on the 300 vs the Maestro and of course the head wings but besides that it looks the same.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC