Teaching friend's kids about boosters

erind

My best friend has a 6 YO DS. He has been riding in a lbb since he was 4 and I have never seen him sit properly. I was hoping for some ideas of things I could tell him help him out at all. Whenever he rides with me I keep him harnessed. The few times he has been boostered in my car he is constantly leaning over one way or another. He also rarely rides with me without my DS also in the car and they get a little crazy when they are together, so teaching him there is not really going to work. I have asked my friend about it and she is not concerned at all. She makes me so frustrated sometimes. She knows how to install and use seats correctly, she just doesn't. Anytime my DS rides with her she installs and uses the seat correctly because she knows that it is important to me, but I just don't get how it is not okay to need to do it right for her son. :confused: He is spending Saturday with me, and I wanted to try and talk to him. We are going to the monster truck show though, so I am thinking his attention span for car safety will be short. Any advice would be great.

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC